What did I do to my CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazy_taco

In Runtime
Ha.. I rhymed.

Here's a screeny from CPU-Z

untitlednj6.jpg

I was messing around in my bios. I know how to change it back, but something looks wrong. 1000 MHz without overclocks? WTF did I do?
I'm also getting REALLY SLOW speeds from my CPU. As soon as I do a simple task, the cpu shoots up to 100% for a few seconds. Do I need to increase the voltage or something?

lol...Don't mess around with the settings, unless you know what you're doing. You may have messed around too much, seeing as you underclocked to 1GHz. Revert back to default settings. What motherboard are you playing around with?

well reset the bios... theres a function in there in ur BIOS if u look hard enough... use it.. and it'll ask you to confirm.. it'll then reboot... and voila.. ur set..

Nevermind. I don't know how it happened, but I changed it around to 220 mhz with an 11 multiplier. The norm is 200 x 11, but for some reason it was 200 x 5

look at his multiplier, it is way too low. go into bios and find the "restore default settings" or something similar. Then read up on what does what in BIOS and try again.

and just for general info. the 3500+ venice core is a single core @ 2.2hgz stock.

Wait a minute (slightly O/T)...

Over-clocking's as simple as downloading some software and a couple hours worth of reading? ...links? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom