Should I Buy This GPU!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NosBoost300 said:
dammit.. now i wish i had waited... i hate you for not showing me this before!! haha.. those cards are a beast for that price

lol...I know...I wish I had the money for it right now, but I just paid some bills. It's suppose to restock today.

Sounds like they guy was going to buy from a store... I guess he was expecting us to agree that the card he was going to buy was great....

hahah yaaa... but either way.. the card should get him through for a bit....its not like its a bad card

Well it is pretty crap, according to tomshardware the x1950pro is about 30% faster on average

...and I don't get him, he asked for our opinions but completely ignored them throughout the entire thread.

If you're playing those games you listed, you aren't going to last with the 8600GT. Get the EVGA 8800GTS 320MB.

I just played the Bioshock demo and I own F.E.A.R. Both run fine. All the demo features in Bioshock were turned on and 1280 x 1024, I didn't notice any slowdown. Not tested other res's. FEAR runs superbly on my system at 1600 x 1200. Not anti aliased.

Well it is pretty crap, according to tomshardware the x1950pro is about 30% faster on average

...and I don't get him, he asked for our opinions but completely ignored them throughout the entire thread.

I'm sure he'll be fine. It's not like my 256MB 7600GS isn't more than enough for Far Cry, FEAR and Bioshock :p
Although I will say I only tried Bioshock after I overclocked 10% and strapped two 5cm fans on the side of the GPU heatsink :D
But I doubt it made much difference.

It all depends how many levels of AA you want and how much pixel shading. I think mine is shader 2.0.

Well none of the cards are "crap" I mean my cousin just build a computer for a friend using a 7300le................? He wanted to SLI 'em. tisk tisk. :(

I have an Nvidia 7900 GT KO and it runs Fear and BF2 at 60fps minimum with max settings..... That might help you out a little on deciding what to do.

He's already bought his card. It'll last him much longer than BF2, FEAR, Bioshock, etc.

I played the Bioshock demo earlier- it's the best looking game I've played on my system, I think they squeezed a lot of performance for the visuals, a very well optimised engine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom