OT: What do you do with your old PC's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that 5 of them use an external power supply that hooks up to an AC outlet, and I only have 2 of them. Also, I only have two monitors, but I guess if I did have a remote desktop going that wouldn't matter. Not that I'm very familiar with remote desktop technology, because I have never used it before.

But to be honest, what for..? I can do anything I want on this computer, pretty much.

Give it to charity. speaking of which i have to restore my laptop to manufacture's default similar to the day i got it hehe so i can give it to my family back home.

The problem is that 5 of them use an external power supply that hooks up to an AC outlet, and I only have 2 of them. Also, I only have two monitors, but I guess if I did have a remote desktop going that wouldn't matter. Not that I'm very familiar with remote desktop technology, because I have never used it before.

But to be honest, what for..? I can do anything I want on this computer, pretty much.

Well if you wanted to contribute to your folding score.

Well I'm building a server right now with my old PC, I just sent my old 6800GT to RMA today, until then I just need to think where I'm going to put my server (codenamed: Orihime).

The bulk of the computers are Pentium 3s, which won't do very well.

And I've actually given up for folding for tech forums for a while now. It's not worth it, the forum doesn't deserve my precious folding points.

You would be surprised how many WU's you could whip out with 3 or 4 p3's working. Nobody said you had to fold for TF.

The bulk of the computers are Pentium 3s, which won't do very well.

And I've actually given up for folding for tech forums for a while now. It's not worth it, the forum doesn't deserve my precious folding points.

Cluster them into one behemoth super computer. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom