Screen resolution is Wack.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmammen

Self Proclaimed Immortal
Recently every time i restart my computer or log off or anything, it reverts back to 640x400 resolution on my desktop and i have to manually change it back every time. This is getting quite annoying as i cant seem to figure out why this is happening. I have all the current updates for my video card.
The card i am running is a 7900gs. Any ideas to permanently set the reso back to 1280x1024, so it wont reset?

what monitor do you have? Have you tried switching the output on the video card to see if it changes it? Like phucng said, try changing the res. from the nvidia utility..

Just a few suggestions, Good luck.

I did try to change it through the nvidia utility, and no luck its not a permanent change. The monitor is a Hyundai ImageQuest L70S and i have never had any problems with it before, so i think i will go re-install the drivers for it and see if that helps. Thanks for your responses guys.

NOS.....since when do you have such a subtle system? What happened to all the killer equip? Not that any of your hardware is bad just not as extreme as i would expect from you....

NOS.....since when do you have such a subtle system? What happened to all the killer equip? Not that any of your hardware is bad just not as extreme as i would expect from you....

hahaha... yaaaa, been asked this already since i came back.... its somewhat of a story.. but i'll nutshell it for you

sold my last piece so i could build something better.. but once i sold it... i had some money problems w/ the fam so i had to give some money up.... and by then.. i was pretty much broke.. then got stuck on a celeron for a good while.... then i earned some money to start up again, started in building an fx72 system... but then needed to return it for money again!!! which sucked.... so then i eventually just said screw it.. i can't hand this celeron.. imma buy something to get by... soo, out came this crappy ecs board that locks up on me... a 3800x2 1gb of ram... and a crappy 6800 vanilla....

but anyway... i'm back on track with things... and i'm gonna be back w/ a nice system pretty soon.. and this time i mean it.. lol... i was going to buy a q6600 on friday or e6700.. but instead bought a graphics card... cuz i can't stand this 6800 i have....

but anyway.. back on topic... my x1950 pro gave me similar problems when i first had it... just needed to update some drivers and everything went okay

and if you ever feel like selling that 2900xt or 8800gts... lemme know ;) ... lol, cuz i'll be graphics card hunting again when i have my intel system up and running

My gut tells me the nVidia panel is loading a "rule" on every boot. Checkl your custom rules in the nVidia contrl panel.

Stupid question, but is it booting in VGA mode? It can do that when the gfx card is not installed properly.

Also, check that your monitor drivers are installed properly. nVidia may be messing up due to a poorly installed screen.

This is screaming driver problems, don't bother looking for hardware problems ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom