need beef - advice please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously get an opteron 180, 2.4ghz per core and 2mb L2 cache better than the 4400 and its 939, or if you want even better get the opteron 185. get it from scan.co.uk cheap there

I'll be overclocking the 170. As I understand it all the 939 opterons max out at a similar level anyway. I actually wanted the 165 but couldn't find one. Anyway the 170 should be exactly the same as the 4400 but I hear you can clock much more out of an opty than an X2. I'm right?

yeah your right opty oc like mad, but id still get the 180 at £111 including VAT and P&P from scan.co.uk its a steal, youll easily get around 3Ghz per core on that

I found a new opty 170 on ebay for £56 including postage. I think I'll start an opty vs X2 thread in a while.

yeah your right opty oc like mad, but id still get the 180 at £111 including VAT and P&P from scan.co.uk its a steal, youll easily get around 3Ghz per core on that

Aria do the 6600 for about £106. Surely that's better value than the opty 180? I mean the 6600 is more powerful, isn't it? Also supports DDR2.

Do you mean the e6600, ya. it is considerably faster than and opty 180 . But you would need to upgrade your ram and motherboard to run that.

Sorry I was getting my processors completely confused!

I meant the AMD X2 6000. So:

"Aria do the X2 6000 for about £106. Surely that's better value than the opty 180? I mean the 6000 is more powerful, isn't it? Also supports DDR2.

just get the opteron 165, since those other opterons are just overclocked 165s... so just go cheap and overclock them yourself and save some cash!!

just get the opteron 165, since those other opterons are just overclocked 165s... so just go cheap and overclock them yourself and save some cash!!

I bought the 170. There wasn't much difference in price and it was all I could find on ebay.

The 6000 is 3GHz, the 165 is 2GHz. The opty can be OCed past 3GHz quite easily but with the same cooling you're going to get the 6000 quite a bit above 3GHz. I remember now! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom