How often should I change the Thermal Paste?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is only one "right" way to apply thermal paste.

A small dot no bigger than a cooked grain of white rice at the center of the CPU.
The spreading will be done by the heatsink being secured...

I dunno about that, some people swear by a grain of rice sized dot, others a pea... some say to just set the cooler down on it right after applying it, others say spread it around...

I just put some that was right between a grain of rice and a pea. spread it around with a old gift card, I got temps no different then anyone else running the same cooler.

zalman paste isnt nearly as good as as5...i had to put some on my cpu just recently because my GF's cats ran off with my as5 tube. i found it, luckily... after i gutted the cat. :eek: it is about 3-5* hotter than with as5. the newer version of orthos will stress both cpus at once and uses the same calculations as p95 (if i remember correctly), making it easier to use than p95. you shouldnt be able to do anything quickly running orthos, and really you shouldn't try...its likely to crash your computer.

I followed that same guide with the line down the middle and ran the cpu stock for 24 hours. Temps stayed put at 33,33,32,32. I know that's acceptable temps but I thought maybe I'd get better. I have all my case fans on Medium and the Tuniq on high. I'm giving it a few days though it takes time for the stuff to set in.

I'm around 35C idle / 51C load. What a lot of people don't really consider, with the G0, is that they can tolerate higher temperatures. I've seen people who normally run their's on 65C load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom