Slave Drive not showing up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerslaveowned

Solid State Member
My Seagate 80G HD is detected by the BIOS settings but doesnt show up when i open my computer....why not? It should be there right? My other slave drive showed up there before. It has no jumpers on as required for slave settings.

It is running on the secondary cable from the CD Drive because this is most easily used.

Its a Barracuda 7200.7 Seagate 80 Gig, its formatted and has Win XP and Win 2000 on it. Ive tried all jumper settings and it says no jumpers for a slave in the manual. If the jumpers were wrong why would it show up in the settings anyway.....if i remove this HD the computer notices it and wont keep booting till the HD is plugged back in cuz of the BIOS settings.

Just wondering why in windows it dont show up anywhere that I can see.

check the Drive management window in Windows XP see if it shows up

did you also check the jumpers on the CD Drive

Thought id ask again if anyone knows why my HD doesnt show up as a slave. Nortons will find it on a system info check and list it as a drive I have but i cant open it anywhere or find it anywhere and Nortons doesnt list it under the drives, only A C & D it shows. The jumpers are right, its running off the CD drive cable, another HD i had worked fine there as a slave, ive tried it on the primary cable as a slave and it doesnt show up in my computer either.

The computer notices its there and i change the bios settings to find it each time i change the configuration of it, its just that it doesnt show up as another drive i can open and do anything with

Only thing i can think of is the Master drive runs Windows 98 and the slave now runs only Windows XP ntfs, would that matter?

Thanx...hope to fix this problem this year lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom