Tight Budget Build $1,000 including EVERYTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, I think that newegg doesn't guarantee M0 stepping. So, he might not get M0 stepping if he buys one from newegg

where can you get a garauntee of the stepping?
or really, where can you request a certain stepping?
i have a couple new business builds coming up and i may give the 2140 a shot...
lol i know ya'll are shocked....but for the price i would sure like to see how they perform (i'll stick with amd for my own personal builds tho lol).

Ok, here is my game plan. I'm going to save up my money until I get enough to get this (hopefully after christmas money...)

Anyways, The Bristbane 4000+ is currently cheaper and is 2.1GHz while the 3600+ is a little bit more and has 1.9GHz. Should I get the 4000+ since it is about the same price as the 3600+ and has .2GHz more?

I heard that I'd get more of an overclock with the 3600+, but what if it doesn't work out that way? I'd be stuck with 1.9GHz while I could have had 2.1GHz for around the same price.

Get the X2 4000+. The 3600+ has increased a bit, so it's obvious to pick the faster 4000+. It should overclock as well as the 3600+.

wow... 5$ for extra 200mhz... nice... and it overclocks 900mhz easily... sweet CPU... gotta love them Brisbanes :)

I just counted all of the money I have saved up so far for this... $610

I'm hoping to get the rest from my Birthday, Christmas, and from good grades if I get good grades...

Hope I have enough to buy a desk to put this on xD

I don't know why you all make a big deal about which brand is better. I have computers that use AMD and I have computers that use Intel. I originally wanted Intel, but the price of an AMD chip quickly changed my mind. If I could afford it, I'd probably go Intel. I've always heard that Intel was the way to go for high performance systems.

P.S. For those of you thinking about getting a Dell computer... DON'T! They suck! It doesn't matter what processor you have in it, it still manages to be extremely slow! Trust me, I have a Dell with a Pentium 4 (2.66GHz) and it is soooooo slow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom