GPU Core Clock Speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome, thanks.... how do u know how much to increase or what to increase and/or what to look for lol? sorry im nub @ ocing..

First your find both Max Core and Max Mem. Then when it becomes unstable, you stop the Finding and lower it by increments of 5-10MHz. Run the Artifact Scan for more the 15 minutes for the best results.

Here's my way of overclocking with ATI Tool:

Find Max Core, until it stops responding.
Remember the last clock it was at, before it starts freezing. Then just back it down by 10-20MHz, and use the Artifact Scanner for at least 10-30 mins.

Then do the same procedure with the Find Mem.

Then make a new profile, in the upper left hand corner, and name it something like, overclock. Then save the settings for that profile.

Also if you want the overclocked settings to stay, when you boot up your system:

Go to settings, from the drop down menu, select start up, and select the box that says, "Every time ATI Tool is launched, load profile:". Then just select the overclocked profile, from the drop down menu.

You will find the max, when the program stops responding. Then you will back down the clocks by 10-20MHz, to stabilize.

ok so it will freeze. i reboot remember what it said then i have to set it 20 mhz, or w/e. lower? and then it should be ok?

You would run the artifact scanner again, after backing down 20MHz, for 10-20mins, to make sure theres no artifacts. Then you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom