PSU Uprgrade/Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samson

Beta member
First let me say hello.

Recently I've been playing games(CoD 2, FFXI, HL-2) on my PC but anywhere from 10-30 minutes of play my PC suddenly reboots. It never used to do this up to 3 months ago. This never occurs while im doing other tasks on the PC like school work or the web. I've done some searching on this particular issue and alot of the statements seem to point to a failing PSU or the PSU provides too little power.

So I am going to attempt to change the PSU but this will be my 1st attempt at changing a PSU, I've done Video Cards and RAM, but thisll be a first. I was hoping people could recommend PSU's that would be compatible for my PC, or offer some sites that can tell me what PSUs would be compatible. I'm willing to spend up to $150 on the part.

Here's information on the PSU currently in the PC:

Bestec
Model: ATX-250-12E REV: P7
Input: 100-127V-6A, 200-240V-3A 60/50Hz
Output: +12V ---/13A, -5V ---/0.3A
250W MAX. +5V ---/25A, -12V ---/0.8A
+3.3V ---/20A, +5VSB ---/2A

+5V & +3.3V 150W MAX
Total Current from +5V & +3.3V shall not exceed 27A
Total Current from -5V & -12V shall not exceed 1.2A

And a little info on the PC:

eMachines T2341
AMD Athlon XP 2400+
1.99Ghz
1 GB RAM
Radeon X800 GTO 256MB Video Card

I have had my eye on this PSU here, would this be suitable?

eMachines Enhanced 350 Watt Power Supply - PWEM350WTATX

Thank you for your help in advance, it's much appreciated.

Thank you very much. One more question, I do not have to be concerned with the part you suggested as being too overpowering for my PC? Sorry if this sounds weird, but it's my first time dealing with PSU.

welcometotf2xr9.png

Well it is a bit much power for that system, but it does give headroom for future upgrades, when you do.

Thank you very much. One more question, I do not have to be concerned with the part you suggested as being too overpowering for my PC? Sorry if this sounds weird, but it's my first time dealing with PSU.

Oh yeah, there is a lot of power, but when you plan to upgrade on something like the motherboard, CPU, GPU, HDD, and just add some random stuff, that PSU that I have suggested you will be more then enough. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom