nTune Safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never tried NTune, but I'm assuming this Fine Tuning feature, is automated? Whenever you're tuning something, it always better to do it manually, in my opinion.

b1g, nTune is an automated thing. It actually has a coarse tuning, a fine tuning, and a custom tuning modes. In fine tuning mode, it takes about 3 hours (running time) to slightly alter and test the CPU, RAM, GPU, and PCI-e speeds and timings. It alters them slightly and trys to find the best stable state for your computer at the fasest speeds possible.

In coarse tuning it spends a good 20 minutes rouf tuning your system.

In custom mode you can specify what it tunes, and how long it will spend doing do, I think the longest you can make it run is about 36 hours.

Yes, it is safe, and will theoretically do no damage. However it is overclcoking, and has the same ramifications of a manual, just is much quicker.

It is expect to crash, hang, and totally stall out on you while it's doing this (it warns you about it), and it automatically resumes upon restart.

I've used it before, and it makes things easy if you're not planning on modding any of the voltages. However, it is a software overclock and is not as effective as a hardware (BIOS) over clock. The only benifit to it is you can set "rules" for it, meaning if your proc idles for say 30 seconds, you can have it revert back to an energy saving profile. And once it goes above like 15% load, it will switch back to the over clocked profile. IMHO, it should bne used as a reference. Let it tune your system, and then take those settings and put them into your BIOS, and then delete the rules nTune sets up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom