Business Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course not! Hehe.

But i agree that a P4 is better for non-performance oriented application. If it was gonna be a workstation or similar, then i would go for an AMD... maybe an optetron or at least a 64 bit-er

xxdryicexx said:
The 3200+ has a faster clockspeed then the p4 2.8 ghz cpu.. but think about this..

the 3200 runs hot, no matter what heatsink/fan you have, unless its a watercooling device, it will run hot(ter) then the p4.. if yyou try overclocking a 3200 significantly you will either burn your cpu/mobo/ram or get dangerously close to it.. Now, with a p4, you can overclock from a 2.8 to 3.4 with minimal heat increase..

so the result? 2.8c ghz northwood ht cpu overclocked to a 3.4 ghz and now runs faster then the 3200+ AND has equal or lower temperature readings.. lets not forget hyperthreading if you want it enabled, and higher FSB speeds.B]

actually the 3200+ runs at roughly 2.4GHZ, not close to 2.8GHZ, although it runs as well as a 3.2GHZ P4 (hence why they rated it 3200+)

well Athlon XP's are more tolerant to heat than P4's
Athlon XP's melt at 80 degrees celcius
Pentium 4's melt at 60 degrees celcius

I have a friend who quite easily overclocked a 2600+ to 3000+ with no heat or stability problems

I have heard of many cases of P4's overheating when overclocked (yes even Northwoods)

don't get me wrong, I like P4's I would say though, that you'd get much better price verses performance with an Athlon XP

the 2500+ Barton is about the best of the Athlon XP's in terms of price verses performance, with a 400MHZ FSB, and at only $114 AUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom