OC BFG 7900GS performance questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
dang which manufacturer are you using deathhawk?
which utility also?
i can get mine both to about 550/825 with riva tuner....havent tried too much higher than that...

xfx .. their extreme version. I use ATI Tool.

I've got a vantec tornado 80 mm and a silverstone fm122 for intake and exhaust, and I have my case panel off and have a 120~ CFM DC fan modded to AC blowing directly onto the video card. I use the AC fan while gaming.

It definately runs significantly hotter, and I do get errors/artifacts while playing Oblivion for a while (the screen turns completely black, except for the HUD) but everything else runs fine.

It's apparently only 904 on Everest Ultimate, but 904 to 907, whats the difference. =\
7900gsxu8.png

krazyq said:
Whats a good or the best driver for the 7900gs. And whats the best clean installation method?

I don't know the best driver.....but what I do when installing a new driver is:

Uninstall current driver, via Add/Remove programs.
Restart computer.
Download whatever driver you plan on installing.
Install, and restart when prompted.

And it's always worked for me.

Well you can use that. But I never did, as I didn't see the need to. I never had any problems, doing it the way I explained. But it's not a bad idea to use that program either.

10FPS worth the sacrifice to ruin a good GPU? Hehe, just saying cuz I dont know how to flash my GPU and OC it :(

Edit: b1gapl, is my sig short enough now? :D

How much do you think this pc is worth...its 2nd hand:

Lian Li Full Aluminum Case PC-V1000B (Black)
Intel Flagship D975XBX Motherboard (backplate not included, does not affect functionality)
Intel Pentium D940 Processor 3.2 GHZ
G.Skill 2GB ZX PC-6400/DDR-800 2x 1GB Sticks of Ram
eVGA NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTS (8800gts) 320MB HDCP Enabled Video Card
Phillips DVD/CD Burner DVD-RW CD-R
Antec Truepower 2.0 550W Power Supply
Linksys WRT45GS With Speedboost Wireless Card

Isn't that the computer blackkoran is selling, over at the B/S/T section? I would probably pay $500-600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom