How often should I change the Thermal Paste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Not so sure but I used the Zalman Thermal Paste that looks like a pedicure thingy and you just do it on the cpu instead of your nails.

Anyway, it seems like i didnt apply that much in there, it applied a really thin coat unlike those real paste where its really thick. Not so sure if i should change my thermal paste right now or not worth the hassle taking out this huge heatsink which is a pain to put back together.

Right now running Orthos and load temps going up to 51C system temp right now is 44C and thats the max temp.

Am i suppose to be able to surf the forums while running Orthos? and wow, speedfan temp readings are the same as everest with a +1~-1 C margin of error which makes me think that its reading accurately.

It would be best to get some decent thermal paste, then just apply a thin coat over the cpu.... my advise would be to spread it around with a old credit card or gift card, you get the idea.

If it is possible to surf, then by all means do it. But usually when you are stress testing it makes it impossible to do anything.

Are those temps at stock speeds or 3.0ghz?

It would be best to get some decent thermal paste, then just apply a thin coat over the cpu.... my advise would be to spread it around with a old credit card or gift card, you get the idea.

If it is possible to surf, then by all means do it. But usually when you are stress testing it makes it impossible to do anything.

Are those temps at stock speeds or 3.0ghz?

these temps are at load 3.2GHz, but stupid Orthos only stresses one of my cores, so i can surf the web :(

Grrr, and if i run two orthos, my cores are all 100% and ram also and my temp reading barely updates.

how is um...... Everest Stability test work? That one brings both my cores to 100% but i dont see any results like Orthos gives if there is any errors or what not.

It just puts everything to 100%.

Edit: Nevermind, it does have error reports, i guess i just never got one lolz...

Lavalys - Comprehensive IT Security and Management

Should I use orthos or everest?

?

There is only one "right" way to apply thermal paste.

A small dot no bigger than a cooked grain of white rice at the center of the CPU.
The spreading will be done by the heatsink being secured...

ste said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancec2c30
?
There is only one "right" way to apply thermal paste.

A small dot no bigger than a cooked grain of white rice at the center of the CPU.
The spreading will be done by the heatsink being secured...

for quads its recommended for a line down the middle i hear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom