OT: What do you do with your old PC's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHeaven

In Runtime
Well its been about a month since I built my new PC (which I love). But now I have a perfectly working and useable PC (P4 2.8 Sony Vaio) which can still run just about anything just sitting in the corner of my room. So now it sorta feels wastefull.

So I'm just wondering, what do you guys do with your old PC's

I have typically taken my old PC's (which can't run anything) out to the desert and used 2 or 3 sticks of dynamite to blow them up. I would post a link to the videos, but my video camera got stolen before I could copy the video's off of it.

its been sitting in my closet, but i'm planning to build a car-puter with it... touch screen, blue tooth, gps, etc

Ya, start folding on both your rigs. You can start climbing up the ranks pretty fast... If that doesn't float your boat then set it up as a server or something?

its been sitting in my closet, but i'm planning to build a car-puter with it... touch screen, blue tooth, gps, etc

I helped my friend do that with a mac mini, except we weren't able to get his touch screen in dash receiver to work with it so he had to stick with a good old mouse and keyboard. The reason he did it was to be able to have all of his music in his car. He also just added in a verizon air card so that he can download some pr0n, I mean more music...

I hooked my old one up to my 32" LCD in the living room. Hooked it up to my wireless network. Just did it yesterday and still tweaking some things. I'm thrilled with how it's all working out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom