Crysis "speculated" System Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
Crytek have not yet announced system requirements for Crysis. However, the kind folks at Crysis-Online.com have crafted their own set of system requirements based on confirmed information, interviews, and videos. These specs are not official and not confirmed and should strictly be used as a guideline. We should have the official specs soon, so until then this should do.
Minimum Requirements
CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 6600 or ATI X1600 - Shader Model 2.0
RAM: 1GB
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 256k+
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9 with Windows XP / Vista

Recommended Requirements
CPU: Dual-Core CPU (Athlon X2 / Pentium D / Core 2 Duo)
Graphics: Nvidia 7800GT or ATI X1800XL Pro (SM 3.0)
RAM: 1.5GB+
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)

I would also like to point out the following list of requirements. It was recently stated in a GamesRadar preview that Cevat Yerli, Crytek CEO, said that Crysis will be able to run on Ultra High settings with the following specs.
Ultra High Requirements
CPU: E6600 Core 2 Duo
Graphics: Nvidia 8800GTS
RAM: 2GB
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)

This means that if you were to purchase a new CPU, graphics card, and RAM based on those specs before Crysis comes out, you will be looking at spending about $500, pending foreshadowed price drops on the CPU (estimated intel price slashes on July 22) and the graphics card (when the 8900 series is released sometime at the end of this year).

Source

The minimums aren't quite as high as I thought they might be. Looks like I can still run Crysis jsut fine, then.

uh oh, im in trouble lol. Heck, my computer is broken n im trying to fully upgrade my computer n im about half way there, i just need the Phenom x4 n 790X or 780X to come out.

the "ultra high" settings require much less than i thought, only 8600GTS eh? Would have thought at least 8800GTX was needed, but ****, if they can do it i wont argue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom