2 Builds, need help deciding

Status
Not open for further replies.

marblez

In Runtime
I'm on a budget and wondering which of the two builds would be better. I already have a case and PSU.

These parts will be the same on both
XFX 8800GTS 320MB
Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800
Seagate 250GB 3Gb/s SATA
LG DVD Burner
Vista Home Premium 64 bit

Really the only difference is the mobo and processor (AMD vs Intel)

Gigabyte P35 DS3L
C2D e6550

OR

BIOSTAR TFORCE 550 Socket AM2
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000

If I get the Intel I'll get an Artic Freezer 7 Pro or if I get the AMD it'll be an Artic Freezer 64 Pro (I haven't really looked into AMD coolers, but I assume that's about the same thing as the 7 just for AMDs. Correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyway, I've heard good things about C2D overclocking, so I'm wondering which one will be better after overclocking?

Gigabyte P35-DS3R along with the Core 2 Duo E6550 and you're set. The Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro is a really good HSF for the Core 2 Duo and also, it comes with a pre-pad MX-1 thermal paste, which is probably the best thermal paste out there right now. I would say, the Core 2 Duo would be better for overclocking. The X2 6000+ isn't worth it's money since if you get a X2 5200+ and overclock it, it'll be better then the 6000+. Unless you're planning to get the X4 Phenom that AMD is soon releasing.

Anyway, I've heard good things about C2D overclocking, so I'm wondering which one will be better after overclocking?

Yes the E6550 overclocks way much better than 6000+

I would go with intel build specially if you are planing to overclock

yeah e6550 great choice. and dsr couldnt be better combo. great ram great everything seems to be thought through very well good work. unless u want a phenom stay c2d for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom