Case fans question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
I heard in another forum that its bad to fill up your mobo 3 pin connections with case fans since high rpm or high load fans can draw too much power and smoke up your mobo? Does this mean that if I have the option to use either molex 4 pin or the 3 pin signal mobo connectors to go with the molex ones?

Is there any advantage to the 3 pin signal mobo connectors? I was under the impression they allow the mobo to change their speed...but people are saying it only provides power just like with the molex connectors.

In any circumstances can both of them actually be plugged in?

That's bull. Fans draw power in the mA's. Go with the motherboard ones for control, molex for full power. You can fill up all your motherboard fan connectors.

That's bull. Fans draw power in the mA's. Go with the motherboard ones for control, molex for full power. You can fill up all your motherboard fan connectors.

theres actually a difference now? so is that how you can change the fan speed if their hooked up to ur mobo? hmmm :( I hate decisions

Regularly, the motherboard sensor chip senses the temperature and adjusts the fan speed accordingly. You can also use programs like Speedfan.

hmm i just realized I may have to plug in both the molex and 3 pins since for my case fans the 3 pin connector only has 1 yellow wire which is the "sense" wire instead of the ground or +12 wire. BTW does red always mean positive?

Ya, if you can run some through the motherboard. Then you can monitor and adjust their speeds. Or you could run them off the 4 pin molex and get a fan speed controller.

just get a fan controller
YA BCUZ THAT HAS ALOT OF RELVENC 2 DIS TRED

He didn't ask how he can change fan speed, he asked how he can change fan speed HOOKED UP TO THE MOTHERBOARD.

As said before, try SpeedFan.

Personally, I haven't gotten much luck with the program, but you might be a bit more lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom