I unlocked the E6600 Multiplier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexinator

In Runtime
Ever since I got this computer ( afew months ago) I was never able to edit the multiplier options in BIOS or otherwise. Until today when I've been messing around with over clocking and such, suddenly I was able to change it. I was able to roll it back to 8 and get higher stable speeds. Now I have a lot of room to play with.

Everyone I know has compained about their locked intel CPUs. Is anyone else mysteriously unlocked?

lol....Of course you can lower the multiplier. An unlocked multiplier, means you can go as high as you want, from the stock multiplier. Can you do that? I doubt it. But mostly everybody else, can lower their multipliers as well.

Well, i guess I got all excited for nothing. You're right b1g, I can lower it as low as 6, but the multiplier is capped at 9. Thing is, my Striker Extreme has never allowed me to even touch it before, it was always grayed out which is odd.

Anyways, I have been able to stably up my proc to 3.6 without touching the vCore. StrikerEx is amazing :p

Nice, for a second I thought that was just on air.

I have a feeling you're not gonna get much higher regardless of vcore, but maybe I'm wrong :\

Oh no I will :p Right now I'm leaving it. Once I get my new Danger Den order next week I'll pwn this beast into some higher stats.

waaa 3.6? what ram timings and freq.? mine is kinda getting to 3.2ghz grrr not sure how to make it stable just yet. it goes to 50C at load and even 55C when both cores are 100%

Well for one, you're on Air, and I'm on water. I'll always be able to go farther with it. Secondly, and this is probably the biggest problem you're having, is the difference between your P5B and my Striker Extreme.

Witht he strike, it will set my frequency automatcly via linked mode. Other then that, all stock timings.

But at the moment my temps are getting high because my water is getting hotter and hotter the more I play with the clock speeds. I can;t wait to get rid of thise worthless POS TT Bigwater next week :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom