For people with Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
How many of those Bars when windows boots up do you get when booting windows vista? Not sure but mine is always about 15 3/4th, fifteen and three quarters.

Is this normal? Is this based on ur CPU speed or Hard drive speed? or something? It seems like 15.75 is too slow for a bootup bars thingy.

I never had Vista, but 15 passes, sure doesn't sound normal. Mine boots up after 4 passes, and I don't have a Raptor. Maybe it's the amount of start up programs, you have running, when you log into Windows.

That seems like a lot, because I only have 2. Try disabling the non-important ones from start up, via msconfig, and see if it boots up faster.

ok on msconfig i have 22 things checked all of them are checked. maybe that could be it.

edit: if i disable all of them it will enable the ones required to boot right?

Not really. But disable the ones, you know you don't need to be using right away, when it starts up. If you don't know what one of them is, it's best to leave it alone.

:( sad. Maybe theres something wrong with my system.

Anyway, when i clocked it at 3.2GHz and used 3dmark with resolution 1024 x 768 my FPS dropped way way way down the drain.

I thought there was something wrong with my graphics card not being able to handle my CPU speed.

So I clocked it back down to 3.0GHz test 3Dmark again and tried 1024 x 768 resolution and im getting way way way higher FPS.

So tried 3.2GHz again and did the default resolution and got higher than my normal ones at 3.0GHz 100 points higher.

But why is it when I do lower res on 3d at 3.2GHz my FPS goes down like ****?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom