I'm buying:
Case - Rosewill R5604-TBK
Motherboard - Biostar TForce TF7025
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Brisbane 2.1GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache
RAM - 2 x 1GB G. Skill DDR2-800 NQs
Power Supply - Rosewill RP550 550W
Optical Drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD Burner
Optional Aftermarket HSF - Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 64

Now the graphics card i wanted: Sapphire X1950XT 256MB is unavailable. Where can I find it/what different card can I get?

welcometotf2xr9.png

For $600, you can build a whole new computer, better than the one you showed. But it will be just the tower.

welcometotf2xr9.png

For $600, you can build a whole new computer, better than the one you showed. But it will be just the tower.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I know someone who can build it for me. I can just tell him to gut my computer (minus the hard drive) and build the new one in there (or buy a case if you refer me to a good place). But I won't know if he's cheating me. I'm willing to spend anywhere from $300-$600. If I need to go a little higher, it's possible. What can I get?

If you're buying in the US....for under $600, you can get:

Case - Rosewill R5604-TBK or Cooler Master Centurion 534 or Your choice...
Graphic Card - Sapphire X1950XT 256MB
Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar SE 160GB

It's also very upgradeable. You can upgrade to AMD's new Phenom processors, due out, in a few months.

If you're buying in the US....for under $600, you can get:

Case - Rosewill R5604-TBK or Cooler Master Centurion 534 or Your choice...
Graphic Card - Sapphire X1950XT 256MB
Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar SE 160GB

It's also very upgradeable. You can upgrade to AMD's new Phenom processors, due out, in a few months.

Wow, that DVD Burner is very cheap. Is that graphics card good enough? I'd like to run Source.

That graphic card is very powerful. It can play any game out there, for now. On relatively high settings. It will run through Source, like butter.

That graphic card is very powerful. It can play any game out there, for now. On relatively high settings. It will run through Source, like butter.

That computer comes out to 528.93 without the hard drive or cooling fan. Do I really need the fan?

If you're overclocking, yes....but if not, then it's not needed. That's why I said "Optional".

If you're overclocking yes....but if not, then it's not needed. That's why I said "Optional".

Oh, didn't see that lol. I think I would overclock it. So the fan is a yes. I'd be able to use the hard drive I have now, right? (I'm sorry I suck at this.) And what about a sound card? Would I have to use the one I have now or can you recommend a good one? Do they even make a difference? I LOVE music so if they do then I'd like a good one.

If you're planning on overclocking, definitely get that HSF. Yes, you can use your current hard drive. But note that you would have to reinstall Windows, because if you put your current hard drive, in with that computer, it won't be recognized. This is because, your current hard drive, is tied to your Dell's motherboard. Onboard sound these days are pretty decent. But seeing as you love music, I think this will be good enough:

Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail
or
Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail
...but don't take my word for it, as I'm not familiar with what is a good sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom