Tight Budget Build $1,000 including EVERYTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.
to continue about different cpu's...
allendales do not perform as well as the c2d.
an e2160 is analogous to an x2 3800, overclocking aside. and overclcoking performance on an allendale will vary widely depending on the hardware used....typically it wont get much higher than its amd counterpart, if at all.
game performance (and all other apps really except for a few encoding applications) will be so close you cant even tell the difference, and yes, the 3800 will win sometimes.
so, yeah, an e2140 wont smoke a 3600, in any sense of the word. in the apps it does perform better in, the difference is miniscule.
excuse my statement in my previous post. you need to work on your social skills, though.

Lol. so now you bring my social skills into this. afaik, they're perfectly fine, maybe you could enlighten me though since you know all about my life, and no a forum is not a life. k, now to falsify everything else you just said..

First off, we're not even talking allendales here.. "allendales do not perform as well as the c2d." is almost completely wrong. Allendales (2mb cache) perform exactly the same as e6300/e6400 and NOBODY thought that the extra 2mb of cache on the e6600 actually mattered much if at all. Allendales did produce a bit more heat (since the heatspreader on allendales wasn't soldered on but rather thermal greased) so they couldn't overclock quite as high though but they could still get 3.0+ nearly all of the time.

Now on to the actual chip (kinda ironic how you mentioned that I wasn't talking about the actual chip before when now you did the same huh), it is untrue that they don't overclock higher then the amd counterparts. People are getting 3.6s on the e21x0 and yeah that's not on the stock cooler or anything but it's not water/phase/ln either. And 3.0 is cake.

Don't tell me that the 3600 is clock for clock as good as the e21x0. check this out:

X-bit labs - New Budget Dual-Core CPUs: Intel Pentium E2160 and Pentium E2140 (page 14)

at 3.4ghz the e21x0 beats out the x6800(4mb cache 2.93ghz) SIGNIFICANTLY in 90% of the benchies. At 3.2, probably about equal and at 3.0 a bit slower but not too far behind. And don't tell me that a 3.0ghz x2 3600 is ANYWHERE close to a stock x6800

could go on and on...... but for the sake of saving my precious time to slit my wrists in the corner because of my non existant social skills i'll just leave it at that

hmm i guess youre right...a lower multiplier doesnt make a difference when trying for an overclock. OK. lol.
you're right mrfluffles i dont know sh*t about cpus. you are the master.

you're not introducing anything into the forum except a crappy attitude.
and if you think i dont admit when im wrong, ask maroon1, i admit it often when he brings his intel knowledge to the table. but i dont take well to jerks who post up one website/bechmark/review as law like it was written by Jesus himself. and i dont like people who attack me personally instead of providing legitimate arguments to support their point. that is a sign of weakness and stupidity.

as far as the same typical recommendations...no one here ever suggests a budget intel build? lol, i guess i've never seen that before.
i think the recommendations are pretty good around here most of the time.
you dont have to be here, since you obviously know everything...right?

dont be such a spaz.

Is my post above not a legitimate argument?

And yeah the multiplier usually doesn't matter when your board does 450fsb+, your ram 900+.. 450x8=3600.. don't think he'd be going 3.6 on an ac7 :freak:

EDIT: didnt see the post above, so yes thats legitimate.
okay, since i have been totally falsified....<cough>
if we're not talking allendales, what are we talking about? are 2140/2160 not allendales?
dude, "results may vary".
i'm not saying clock for clock anything. thats the problem with you. i made the statement that a 21x0 wouldnt "smoke" a 3600, and it wont. show me the head to head comparison of an e2140 (or 2160) and an x2 3600...blink blink? but you take it as me "spewing garbage" because i dispute your generalized, ambiguous, pretty much absolutely wrong staterment. where's the comparison? now, maybe we should set ground rules about what "smoke" means...
does it mean a 3% increase? does it mean a 7% increase? does it mean a 20% increase? thats about where i'd put it...20-30% = "smoke".
it doesnt do it consistently, man. when you show me overwhelming proof of it, i will yield. but, you aren't, because you cant.
there are guys on a new zealand overclocking site that have owned all three cpus and really dont see the difference (except in super pi lmao).
here's a benchmark form some european guy whose english skills match up with your people skills lol:
intel pentium e2140 vs 3800+ vs x6800 review , benchmark and overclocking
it shows the same benches that you have in yours dealing with the x68 and e21 overclocked and beating it.
but look up a little higher in this review, where it compares the 3800 and the 2160. i dont see too much smokin going on there. and thats a 3800 they are comparing it to, not a 3600.
3.0 is cake on a brisbane 3600 as well, and i have one that i can prove it with, along with several other members here.
im not saying anything about an x6800 being better than anything else. but i will say its pretty funny that an 80 dollar chip can beat intels flagship $1000 processor. i guess it must have a nicer box or something?
a 3.0 3600 probably not anywhere close to the x6800, right. but at 3.4 it will be in the neigborhood. and in memory-based applications it will still be better, no matter what speed it is. pfft.

"a 3.0 3600 probably not anywhere close to the x6800, right. but at 3.4 it will be in the neigborhood. and in memory-based applications it will still be better, no matter what speed it is."

except for the fact that it'll never get to 3.4 without phase. and it would still lag behind

And why don't I have any benchies with e21x0 vs. 3600? because I haven't seen any that compared overclocked vs overclocked. and stock vs stock is completely useless because guess what? performance vs. clock speed isn't linear comparing the two chips. and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to use deductive reasoning.

"and thats a 3800 they are comparing it to, not a 3600." Last I heard, 3800s were clocked higher and performed better then 3600s.. not a fair comparison is it?

and yeah e21x0 are actually allendales, i apologize, I thought they had a different core

Have you met me in person?

?

how bout refraining from the people skills remarks.. you're the one that wanted me to provide evidence for why the e21x0s are better yet you make remarks without a rats ace of a clue about me

lol "not without phase"...lmao, you got me there. really what i meant was the memory controller is actually one of the few advantages that amd has right now. lol but thats funny..."i need phase change!".
i still think we need to find someone with an e2140 and i will take the pepsi challenge with my 3600 at the same (overlcocked) speed.
its fair enough if we are talking e2160 vs x2 3800 (which aren't our actual cpus that started all this...that was e2140 vs x2 3600...i think they match up about the same as the other two.)
in any event, lets agree to disagree. i know that the intel offerings are for the most part faster than amd, but i do not believe that the difference is very pronounced when the cpus are compared side by side.
really i do apologize for being rude earlier, no real place for that on the forums.
you made good points. and also gave me some good info (about heatspreader being soldered and all that) which i did not know.

Am I wrong in letting in some fresh air into the SAME, TYPICAL recommendations (which by the way usually aren't very good) that this forum entails?

WTF is that supposed to mean? It is either c2d or x2's, IMO no other cpu is really in need of recommendation. GPU's, RAM, and power supplies that are suggested on this forum are all very much the same as on any other computer enthusiast forum.

If you can find a different forum that has a totally different basic rig outline then by all mean show us show us how wrong we are. But until then keep the BS to a minimum.

and that 2140 will not produce any better results at 3ghz than a 3600, sorry.

I have to disagree with you on this

E2140 has 1.6GHz (16% lower clock than stock Brisbane 3600+), Yet it performs on par with 3600+ at stock

If you overcock E2140 to 3.0GHz, then you will need to overclock 3600+ to around 3.6GHz to compete with it, because 3.6GHz is 16% more than 3.0GHz

typically it wont get much higher than its amd counterpart, but as in all things there are exceptions. some can reach 3.4ghz...

I have to disagree with you on this also

When allendale first came out it was L2 stepping, but Intel released the M0 stepping after July 22. M0 are known to overclock much better than L2 (just like G0 overclock much better B3, in Q6600 quad core processor)

intel pentium e2140 vs 3800+ vs x6800 review , benchmark and overclocking
it shows the same benches that you have in yours dealing with the x68 and e21 overclocked and beating it.
but look up a little higher in this review, where it compares the 3800 and the 2160. i dont see too much smokin going on there.

The E2160 in that link ^^ was L2 stepping

The M0 E2160 overclocks way much better than the L2

core 2 duo e4500 m0 stepping overclocking

On that link they were able to overclock E4500 (M0 stepping) to 3.3GHz with default Vcore. They were able to reach 4.0GHz with with Vcore voltage 1.77 v

This might give you an idea about how good the M0 stepping are for overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom