nTune good for overclocking GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
See how happy you are once you overclocked your computer? About a month ago when I first joined and you were still active, you said you weren't going to overclock at all! :snob:

See how happy you are once you overclocked your computer? About a month ago when I first joined and you were still active, you said you weren't going to overclock at all! :snob:

I know hehe. I was scared lolz. But i didnt know it was this simple!

I still have to OC my ram but nah, i think ill leave it the way it is lolz.

Well if you didn't notice, while increasing your FSB, it increased the RAM speed. It might be unstable so you'll probably have to tighten the timings just a bit.

my ram can go up to 4-4-4-12 and on CPUZ reading its 5-6-6-18.

lol i tried ntune and did the coarse tuning thing. i didn't realise it did my cpu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
meh it's only 200Mhz but that's 10% extra.
cpu_after_coarse_tune_ntune.jpg

i had a ton of programs open when i set it off to tune, i wonder if i coulda got more speed. it certainly upped my bus speed. it left my riva tuner settings for gpu core and gpu ram. nice. shame ntune crashes if i ask it to tell my gpu temp.
-stock cooling and just two 8" case fans.
time to change my sig :laughing:
i'm going to have to have another go before i do my proper OC with my new coolers.

Edit: woooh, my system ram has gone up to 183.4MHz from 167.9MHz. i'm still wondering why it isn't running at least at 200MHz- it is ddr. i'm prolly being thick.

i've never had an OCed system bus- is my HD at risk?

cpu_and_ram_after_coarse_tu.gif

dont mean to correct, but pchung meant you may have to "loosen" the timings just a bit.

OK ntune bombs out when increasing my FSB. I presume this is because of my RAM then? It makes sure to clock my RAM really low, then it moves on to start increasing the FSB. It set my RAM as:

2.5-3-3-7 @ 183.4MHz

It's 2GB of Kingston 3200

Should I losen the timings if I want to increase my FSB with this RAM installed? Of course if I did this I'd have to manually start OCing and not use ntune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom