Tight Budget Build $1,000 including EVERYTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are nearly as fast as regular core 2 duos at the same clock speeds. Overclock it to 3.0ghz and it'll smoke that x2 3600 (when also overclocked)

ummmmm...no it wont. allendales dont perform on par with c2d, and that 2140 will not produce any better results at 3ghz than a 3600, sorry.

if he is gonna wait till christmas to order. then i'd wait till christmas to ask what to buy because in a couple of months stuff can/will be totally different.

hey dude, stuff your attitude. whats garbage is <bad word lol> like you who think you are always right. i do my research too, big guy and no, one review off of a website isn't "nuff said". thats not even the cpu you listed. so stop spewing your garbage. lol, i cant believe you said that...like i dont know what im talking about, eh?

to continue about different cpu's...
allendales do not perform as well as the c2d.
an e2160 is analogous to an x2 3800, overclocking aside. and overclcoking performance on an allendale will vary widely depending on the hardware used....typically it wont get much higher than its amd counterpart, but as in all things there are exceptions. some can reach 3.4ghz...
stock game performance (and all other apps really except for a few encoding applications) will be so close you cant even tell the difference, and yes, the 3800 will win sometimes.
so, yeah, an e2140 wont smoke a x2 3600, in any sense of the word. in the apps it does perform better in, the difference is miniscule.
excuse my statement in my previous post. you need to work on your social skills, though.

hey dude, stuff your attitude. whats garbage is d*ckheads like you who think you are always right. i do my research too, big guy and no, one review off of a website isn't "nuff said". thats not even the cpu you listed. so stop spewing your garbage. lol, i cant believe you said that...like i dont know what im talking about, eh?

Well you DON'T know what you're talking about. You think I haven't "researched it" either? From what I can tell, your "researching" skills need some work.

And if you had "researched" anything about cpus, you would know that e2140s are exactly the same thing as e2160s except for the lower muliplier which wouldn't have made a difference with that mobo and ram when going for 3ghz

mrfluffles, relax, one review can't tell us everything. Research it more instead of just busting out a site.

k. I'll take your word for the fact that I haven't "researched" it.

Am I wrong in letting in some fresh air into the SAME, TYPICAL recommendations (which by the way usually aren't very good) that this forum entails?

hmm i guess youre right...a lower multiplier doesnt make a difference when trying for an overclock. OK. lol.
you're right mrfluffles i dont know sh*t about cpus. you are the master.

you're not introducing anything into the forum except a crappy attitude.
and if you think i dont admit when im wrong, ask maroon1, i admit it often when he brings his intel knowledge to the table. but i dont take well to jerks who post up one website/bechmark/review as law like it was written by Jesus himself. and i dont like people who attack me personally instead of providing legitimate arguments to support their point. that is a sign of weakness and stupidity.

as far as the same typical recommendations...no one here ever suggests a budget intel build? lol, i guess i've never seen that before.
i think the recommendations are pretty good around here most of the time.
you dont have to be here, since you obviously know everything...right?

dont be such a spaz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom