Build or iBUYPOWER???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paravoz

Baseband Member
Hi, i want to get a new gaming pc but i know that iBUYPOWER got good prices so they can build it for me should i get a new pc from iBUYPOWER.com
or build? btw im new to building so dont kno wat to do:confused:

Well, building a PC isn't quite as difficult as it sounds. Pretty much what you do is take components, and connect them together, and that is it. MUCH less intimidating than it sounds.

What I would suggest, is sit and plan out the computer. What is its purpose? Gaming, Editing Digital Media, simple websurfing, and document creation? Depending on what it will be used for, identify the parts that you would like to have, such as amount of memory, Hard drive capacity, processor power (and number of cores), video card, etc. etc. Then you can look to see how much the components are alone, and how much they would be from a builder in an assembled machine. Too often, the OEM's don't provide much freedom in the sence of you being able to truley have them build "what you want"...

Personally, I would say build it.

easy.. since ur asking a Computer Forum.. expect that every1 will tell you to build it urself...

Building a computer is much cheaper then getting a pre-built one.

That isn't ALWAYS true.... at the mid to high end range it is true, but some OEM have FANTASTIC deals on combo deals with all the components, montior, printer, and sometimes other stuff.... Or, well.... at least I USED to see deals like that... I don't even give OEM's the time of day anymore.

You said you want a gaming PC, correct? - pre-build gaming PCs are a high end items So building it your self would save you some money :)

And as other members pointed out. Building a PC isn't that hard :rolleyes:

If prices are close in comparison, you should consider whether you're willing to go through the process of building your own PC. While it's not hard, you have to be prepared for things to go wrong if it's your first try, and you also have to consider whether the benefits of a building yourself are worth your while. If however, you do save a lot more money by building yourself, then you should give it a go.

ibuypower's customer service is abosolutely HORRIBLE!!! its a cross between poor english, the apathy of a 15 year old emo punk, and a half *** burrocracy that they can't even explain to you... basically i bought from them to save myself the touble of wire management, etc... i knew how to build a computer but didnt have the time. when it was all said and done, i have gained nothing from them because i basically have had to tear it down and rebuild it several times and they had no interest in helping me with the process.

oh, and they basically scavange everything off you pc that you arn't using... you know, if i'm paying more than retail for say, the case (which includes a psu), a premium psu upgrade, water cooling upgrade, etc... couldnt they include the psu that came with the case? maybe the original socket clip so i dont have to buy a new kit when their jank w/c system pours all over my case? basically they raped my case for anything that wasnt sodered down and when i called to ask about it they basically yell at you/call you an idiot.

eh, they didnt give a crap... so dont buy from them

ibuypower's customer service is abosolutely HORRIBLE!!! its a cross between poor english, the apathy of a 15 year old emo punk, and a half *** burrocracy that they can't even explain to you... basically i bought from them to save myself the touble of wire management, etc... i knew how to build a computer but didnt have the time. when it was all said and done, i have gained nothing from them because i basically have had to tear it down and rebuild it several times and they had no interest in helping me with the process.

oh, and they basically scavange everything off you pc that you arn't using... you know, if i'm paying more than retail for say, the case (which includes a psu), a premium psu upgrade, water cooling upgrade, etc... couldnt they include the psu that came with the case? maybe the original socket clip so i dont have to buy a new kit when their jank w/c system pours all over my case? basically they raped my case for anything that wasnt sodered down and when i called to ask about it they basically yell at you/call you an idiot.

eh, they didnt give a crap... so dont buy from them

good that i didnt buy nothing from them.. but i wanted to buy cause of their iBuyPower liquid cooling cpu but i heard that on the forum everyone talking about a tuniq tower 120 which one is good?

Ye, this was my first time building a pc and im surprised i was able to do it with a few minor problems but it wasnt my fault i got a DOA PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom