DDR3 worth getting? Check out these OC charts.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
this is a review of Corsair DOMINATOR Twin3X2048-1800C7D from PCstats.com i got off dailytech.com:

Corsair DOMINATOR Twin3X2048-1800C7D PCSTATS Review - Max Memory Overclocking Chart and Conclusions

take a look at these OC charts compared to DDR2, DDR2 matches up, or even better, with the DDR3's scores!

this just comes to show that quad-core doesnt always need to depend on DDR3 to not get bottlenecking.

though, at the conclusion about DDR3 sounds........sarcastic IMO. Here's the quote that makes me wondering "What? Ya right...", especially the part i bolded:

"Ready or not here comes DDR3 memory! When dual core processors were introduced, both Intel and AMD shifted over to DDR2 quickly so their processors could get maximum bandwidth. When quad core chips are thrown into the mix, DDR2 just can't keep up.

DDR3 picks up from where DDR2 left off, and as you can see the initial sets of memory hitting the market can already clock pretty darn high! DDR3 is rated to run 1600 MHz+ according to JEDEC, let's hope that the governing standard increases that speed limit further!"

what do u guys think about DDR3 now n the future of it?

No, it's not the mainstream and due to their high prices, I wouldn't even buy them myself. DDR2 is the mainstream, which makes them fairly cheaper and plenty of people would upgrade to it. But, since DDR3 is still new to the technology world, I think it'll be the mainstream in about 1-2 years and their prices will drop rapidly.

If DDR3 gets tighter timings, then it might be something to look at. Same thing happened when DDR2, first came out.

If DDR3 gets tighter timings, then it might be something to look at. Same thing happened when DDR2, first came out.

i suspect that DDR3 will reach either 6 or 5. When that happens n price is lower, then i might decide to change, depends on how much a differ when i fully upgrade my computer to a Phenom x4, which im not getting closer anytime soon because of no one hiring down here for months.

yeah but running it at such a high frequency makes up A LOT for the latency.
if it gets down to 5 or 6 cas that will be just plain sick/scary fast. especially with the am3 and its improved HT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom