Overclocking XFX GeForce 7600GS 256MB PCIe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comdot

In Runtime
I'm seeing just how much juice I can squeeze out of this before moving on!

I figured it needed a bit of cooling...

xfx_geforce_7600gs_256mb_3.jpg

xfx_geforce_7600gs_256mb_2.jpg

xfx_geforce_7600gs_256mb_1.jpg

Also some cooling for the side of the case...

case_side.jpg

side_case_fan.jpg

Luckily it fits!

xfx_geforce_7600gs_256mb_mounted2.jpg

xfx_geforce_7600gs_256mb_mounted_1.jpg

But is in the way of my bios fan a little and my PCIe slow slots...

xfx_geforce_7600gs_256mb_space_left_2.jpg

xfx_geforce_7600gs_256mb_space_left_1.jpg

It all worked fine and was a lot cooler, I'll post the results later. I'm pretty stuck on OCing it, I think I've reached the limit without increasing the voltage and I've not even bothered looking into how to do that with the software I've been using- riva tuner- let alone know how much I can change it on this card. I need to OC my whole system properly so I'm going to post on that before having a proper go at my GPU.

With the same clocking I got something like a 25% reduction of the idle temps and the load temps 5% under the previous idle temps. The previous idle was 50 C, now it's 38 C. How's that? I've never done this before. I bought those 3 fans in one ebay auction for £4.15 ($8) inc. postage. The screws are woodscrews and I put some quiksteel behind them for good measure. The screws probably purchase the heatsink ok without it but I was worried about vibrations shaking the screws loose.

p.s. it's **** quiet!

These mods are still running a dream :D but I took one fan off because it was in the way. I was amazed how much lower it sent the temps. I don't have the figures on me though.

I'll find out for you (I'm not going anywhere...) but will be a while. They are Thermaltake.
I might do a little test, by turning it off and seeing what the temps go to.
One thing to note- it is far quieter than when I installed it, presumably it needed to settle. *relief*

Hahah, dude that is awesome... Let me know how far you can pump that sucker up to, because I have a 7600GS in my spare HP comp, that I may try to OC it just for poops and laughs.

Here's how I did it:

Put bean-sized amounts of QuikSteel on the heatsink, where the screws will go.
Place fan onto it lined up with the QuikSteel, and Screw some woodscrews into the QuikSteel as it is curing (not after).
Simple!
:D
You might be able to just screw wood screws straight into the grooves on the heatsink. QuikSteel helps though.

Yeah the fans are just Thermaltake TT-6025 I got second hand off ebay for peanuts. They are said to be quiet and I can back that up.

-there is no fan controller. I presume they are going full speed. I've no idea tho!

If you send me where I can get a tutorial for OCing it I'll do it for ya! I've been using some NVidia thing called NTune which isn't great. I need to learn how it's done properly.

Thermaltake%20TT-6025.jpg

Oh and my case has that big Thermaltake fan which blows fresh air straight at these fans. I have one medium exhaust fan at the back and one intake at the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom