Final Modifications Made to My Build Please Review It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have the Crucial Balistix 1GBx2 in my build, it's just that somone(not going to mention the name)... phucng_10*cough* Said that i might need more RAM. Because im going to be video editing. So i was thinking, having 2GBx1 and 1GBx1. or having 2GBx2

I'm a newbie here, but from reading around forums, your build looks good!

From what I think I know vaguely about, HD, RAM, Mobo, CPU, Heatsink, Case and GPU are all good choices (praises have been sung about all the models you chose. either that or they get recommended a lot). Some thinks you might want to consider (and might have come up earlier in the thread, sorry I haven't read everything):

CPU: If you can, buy Q6600 G0 stepping (as opposed to B3). Apparently they run cooler! Check out this threat if you haven't already.

GPU: Again, apparently a good bangforbuck choice, with excellent eVGA service (+ step up programme). You might want to check if you are getting superclocked or not superclocked version. From what I understand, the superclocked is factory overclocked, but done very well, so for a computer idiot like me, well worth the extra few pounds. Just somethign for you to consider...

HD: have you considered 2HD, one for OS and one for everything else- a good idea for problems with reformat etc. You could of course partition your single HD, but thats not quite as good an option! Equally, an extra HD gives you a backup!

I'm a newbie here, but from reading around forums, your build looks good!

From what I think I know vaguely about, HD, RAM, Mobo, CPU, Heatsink, Case and GPU are all good choices (praises have been sung about all the models you chose. either that or they get recommended a lot). Some thinks you might want to consider (and might have come up earlier in the thread, sorry I haven't read everything):

CPU: If you can, buy Q6600 G0 stepping (as opposed to B3). Apparently they run cooler! Check out this threat if you haven't already.

GPU: Again, apparently a good bangforbuck choice, with excellent eVGA service (+ step up programme). You might want to check if you are getting superclocked or not superclocked version. From what I understand, the superclocked is factory overclocked, but done very well, so for a computer idiot like me, well worth the extra few pounds. Just somethign for you to consider...

HD: have you considered 2HD, one for OS and one for everything else- a good idea for problems with reformat etc. You could of course partition your single HD, but thats not quite as good an option! Equally, an extra HD gives you a backup!

factory overclocking isn't worth it.. because u can easily get the cheapest model of that factory oc'ed card, and use ATITool and overclock to those exact speeds...

factory overclocking isn't worth it.. because u can easily get the cheapest model of that factory oc'ed card, and use ATITool and overclock to those exact speeds...

Factory over clocked is guaranteed to work, but getting a cheaper card and overclocking it also works.

I wouldn't want to trust factory overclocked settings. Like the 7900GT in the other thread. Somebody said nVidia had a bunch of 7900GT that was factory overclocked and it was overheating as well as being unstabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom