athlon 64 fx-74 vs athlon 64 6400+

Status
Not open for further replies.
The X2 6400+ should not be considered. For less than that, the X2 6000+ can overclock past those speeds.

The FX-74 would probably be the better one, performance wise, as well as having an unlocked multiplier. I could be wrong.

FX-74 at stock is slower because it has 3GHz clock speed. 6400+ is 3.2GHz

If you are building a new computer then why not get E6750 or Q6600 ?? Both perform better and overclock better. E6750 is about $70 cheaper than 6400+ on newegg

Ah...I see. So basically a 6400+ is an overclocked FX-74, without the unlocked multiplier? Actually the 6400+'s multiplier is 16x, and the 74's is 15x.Then you're right. The X2 6400+ would be better, performance wise.

6400+...

but as said by maroon... why not go Intel?? FX-74 is a dual-socket required.. u get two fx-74's but u need some 680a dual-socket board to use it.....

Nobody here was talking about building a new computer, the OP just wanted to know what was better. Take your fanboy crap out of here, Maroon1.

As already said, the 6400+ would be better performance wise at stock.

^^lol^^
i think even though 6400 is better stock, the 74 will oc better because of its multi.
although, it may run hotter, not sure about the TDP of either one of those cpus.
although, i have to admit that maroon is right, the 6750 is a better deal, really because of the price difference. i guess it depends on mobo price as well.

Nobody here was talking about building a new computer, the OP just wanted to know what was better. Take your fanboy crap out of here, Maroon1.

As already said, the 6400+ would be better performance wise at stock.

thats why he said "IF you are building..."
he answered his question and he gave an opinion nothing wrong with that
so grow a pair and get over it

but as stated before i think you would be better off with the 6400+

Thank you fade2black2004 and nagasama

Deathawk, you need to shut up

First: I said "If you are building a new computer"

Second: robina_80 motherboard doesn't support AM2. So, he can't upgrade to 6400+ with his current motherboard. Thats why I think he is going to make a new build.........

What the **** does it matter whether you say if or not. Nobody was talking about building a new computer, the only reason he brought up that crap so he could come and flaunt his favorite company and their processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom