CPU usage 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mashiba

Solid State Member
I have a toshiba tecra a2 laptop with a measly 256mb ram. Now my problem is when I play old games like Fallout or Planescape my cpu usage bumps up to 100% and it produces more heat. I don't lag or have any problems running at full quality but I can't play for long times since I know it'll probably overheat or something. Now my question is if I buy a GB of ram will that fix my problem and keep my cpu usage low? Or is that because of the processor? And if a gig of ram will help what do you guys suggest I buy? Thanks.

thats common, any game will bump ur CPU usage up to 100% despite being old, the more the CPU is used the more heat it creates, being a laptop it will make more heat but that is completely normal, buying a GB of RAM is a wise idea, but it wont really effect ur CPU usage but that isnt a problem,

I see, thanks for the info, I guess I got a little alarmed since I can hear fans or something starting up every time that happens and sometimes the laptop almost gets burning hot but it's all good. Cheers.

yeah the fans kick in when things start to get toasty in there, but as i said dnt worry laptops do run hotter than desktops and getting a GB of RAM would make ur laptop speedyer when running applications

older games were designed to use 100% of your cu weather it needed it or not. My friend has that problem with diablo2 on his athlon x2 6000+ rig. there is no way diablo2 needs all that power but a fail safe in those old games was to use up all cpu.

are you using the CPU usage monitor on the task manager, i belive that goes up to 100% every time you run a game or app, like even when you open firefox your temp rises and uasage rises too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom