How to ensure you get the right model of the part you ordered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sardonic

Baseband Member
I'm noticing several instances of different models of parts being sold under a single umbrella name. And usually, the differences between the products are large & gaping. Personally, I find this unacceptable and I am trying to think of a way to get around it.

For example: the samsung 226bw, currently the sweetheart deal-breaker of most people looking to buy the new IT monitor, comes in three flavors: awesome (S model), saucesom (A model), and terrible (C model). Those who receive the C, or cheimei version, report bleeding throughout the entire monitor, while those with the S model report it to be the best monitor ever and they can't get any work done because their co-workers want to look at the monitor. Blah. google 226bw panel types to know more.

For example: the Q6600 comes in G0 and not-G0. Now this is a delicate situation as well. Most people don't care if they get G0'd or not, but the people who do care don't get any control.

If we're paying for a piece of equipment, we should have access to ALL the specs and ALL the technical information.

Currently I am wracking my brain with a way to ensure you get the parts you want, 100% of the time. Any input?

If you want a guaranteed Q6600 with the G0 stepping, get it at ClubIT.com. They also have the lowest price, for it as well.

By the Gods, you're right, sir! With this final tidbit of information, I think I am ready to start ordering some of the parts.

I intend to find a store that carries the 226bw and return it if it isn't the highest model version....I hope that isn't viewed as immoral or cheap or ANYTHING negative, but I want what I want...I heard office depot has them, if I have to pay more on that one item I will.

b1g, thanks for saving me 10 bucks on my processor, as well as giving me room to stretch my toes to 5Ghz:freak:

By the Gods, you're right, sir! With this final tidbit of information, I think I am ready to start ordering some of the parts.

I intend to find a store that carries the 226bw and return it if it isn't the highest model version....I hope that isn't viewed as immoral or cheap or ANYTHING negative, but I want what I want...I heard office depot has them, if I have to pay more on that one item I will.

b1g, thanks for saving me 10 bucks on my processor, as well as giving me room to stretch my toes to 5Ghz:freak:

I kinda heard, that they stopped putting that label in the back, that tells you the kind of panel, the 226BW is. But some people have been able to get an S panel, at ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom