New Monitor Time.... I guess??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadisticmidget

Baseband Member
I've been told that this means my monitor is dying:
DCP_0023.jpg

^^^ Is there anything else this can be before I replace my monitor?

If its really dying then its a shame because I absolutely love this monitor....but I guess it's time to replace it. Here are the two monitors that I am stuck on. Can't decide which one to go with. I have never owned a LCD in my life. I love CRT's but really want to see what all of the hype is about. I chose these because of the low response time and high contrast ratio for the lower price. Please help me decide which one I should choose, or if you have a better suggestion please list it. My price range is 300$ and under.

Newegg.com - LG L206WTY-BF Black 20" 2ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 3000:1 - Retail
Newegg.com - SCEPTRE X22WG-1080p Black 22" 2ms(GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2000:1 Built in Speakers - Retail

Also any other information about LCDs that you think I should know would be greatly appreciated. I will be using my monitor for GAMING GAMING GAMING, I cannot afford to have ghosting or bad response time at all. I play games on a competitive level and MUST have a monitor that can perform well, especially in First Person Shooters.

Ok, there are different color presets on the 226bw, all the rest are 700:1, unless if you use dynamic contrast (DC), dynamic contrast dims the backlight when there is black to give a truer black. And that bumps up the contrast ratio, (along w/ other things i assume)

people are just CRAZY about that samsung 22"...I still like my dell 22" better :p

I never did like the dell LCDs. They are always waaay overpriced compared to things that are very similar.

So, you would actually recommend the Samsung over the other 2 that I have listed? The one is 22" and has a 2000:1 contrast ratio without some weird color enhancement. Although...I have never heard of Sceptre before...

I never did like the dell LCDs. They are always waaay overpriced compared to things that are very similar.

So, you would actually recommend the Samsung over the other 2 that I have listed? The one is 22" and has a 2000:1 contrast ratio without some weird color enhancement. Although...I have never heard of Sceptre before...

Costco - Dell E228WFP 22" Wide DVI 5ms 800:1 300 cd/m² 1680x1050 WSXGA+

The Dell one I got has a better contrast ratio and HDCP support ( don't know if the samsung one has it ) but a worse response time ( not like it even matters as the numbers aren't significant ). The Dell costs 295, and the samsung one costs 320. The big thing that affected my decision was I could get this Dell monitor from costco which has a no questions asked 90 day return policy.

As some may already have been able to tell, I'm incredably OCD about certain computer issues...one of them being dead/stuck pixels. If the monitor had a single one I would immediately return it...but luckly it didn't so... :) I am very satisfied!

The way I understand it is that there are three models of the 226BW being sold under the 226BW umbrella. Be sure to specifically request the model "S" when you order, it may give you grounds to say "You didn't send me what I ordered" if they send you a model C or A. Google 226BW Panel Types to know more.

[img = "http://www.bcchardware.com/gallery/albums/226BWDisassembly/web_back_sticker.jpg /img]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom