PSU and Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not 100%, but pretty sure that I'm going with the XClio. It's been recommended to me twice and I like what I've read about it.

Now, the Lian Li cases are nice, but I worry about space when adding in the size of the 8800GTS and Heatsink/Fan.

Thanks.

It looks like it will fit. I was looking at the pictures of the Lian Li cases. That side fan it has down there doesn't obstruct anything since it's way off to the side. What you have to be more concerned is whether the GPU will block off most of your other expansion slots (in which case, most high performance video card will since they're so long and big).

Yeah, the GPU will knock out some expansion space, but for what I need it should be fine. My space worries more concern the GPU running right into the HDD cage. The 8800XXX are rather long. I do like the CPU air duct, but I am wondering about how well it would sit over a larger heatsink/fan. Once again, I'm new so I haven't seen all this in action before, so my questions are limitless...

Thanks.

I wish I can get one so I can let you know about that. I'm still using my old case, but for sure when I do upgrade, I'm getting one of those Lian Li cases.

My logic tells me that Lian Li won't make such a great case if it doesn't support the finest video card in there.

I don't see a lot of other members use this case either. Perhaps it's the cost or maybe it's because the looks is so...well....bland. They are rather boring looking compared to the Soprano and Tsunami cases (I think they are also by Thermaltake), etc.

Newegg.com - Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

I was just noticing the comments posted by reviewers of the PSU. It's the first time ever, that I've actually seen the manufacturer post directly into Newegg in response to someone's problem.

"Pros: Cheap, does the job. Running an overclocked quadcore, one optical drive, two HDs.
Cons: Loud.
Other Thoughts: I should have dished out the extra $$ and bought something quieter"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Manufacturer Response: Dear customer, We are sorry for the noise. Please contact rma@rosewill.com or call 1-800-575-9885 for your replacement at our cost.

Regards

Rosewill"

I wouldn't want to be trusting Newegg reviews.

I'll agree with both b1gapl and j12's suggestions on the PSU.
Xclio GreatPower 550w, Corsair 520HX/620HX.

this may be complete and utter rubbish but i swear companies like newegg, ebuyer, scan what or what ever have people who just write good reviews on stuff, becuase even on the worst PSUs someone is there saying how great it is and how it improved there system

I'm going with the XCLIO power supply and a NZXT LEXA BlackLine case. I loved the look of the case and the airflow looked quite fine for my needs. Thanks for all the suggestions.

That's why we don't trust newegg reviews.

i see, for example: "Pros: Harddrives, optical drives, floppy drives, and even the power button can be mounted anywhere in the case. Power suppy mounts vertically to make room for another 90mm exhaust fan. More room than you'd ever need. Very wide, so gigantic CPU coolers fit well with room to spare. No more removing your video card(s) just to get a harddrive out. All harddrives and optical drives are tool-less install, but screw holes are still available on both sides. Second harddrive cage located next to the power supply, next to an exhaust fan. Front HD cage also has 120mm LED fan for intake and HD cooling. 120mm blue LED intake, 120mm blue LED and 90mm rear exhaust, 90mm top exhaust. These fan's are not wimpy either. They cool better than my last case with 6 high output 80mm's. Haven't tried, but it would probably stop a bullet. Sturdy as heck, even when stripped down. "Quick-release" kinda thing for like PCI cards and such, easily romovable if you prefer to screw your cards down"

this guys like giving a description of the product, no-one sane person writes that much on a case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom