Spybot Search & Destroy Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Crunk

In Runtime
I have had Spybot for a while now but never used it. I put some more memory in my computer to make it run faster and it helped but now its starting to slow down again. So i ran spybot just to see what if any problems i had and it found 170 of them. I heard that if you let Spybot delete all of these programs of files some other programs that are on our computer may not work. What i was wanting to know is which files can i delete safely without messing up my computer? The main 3 problems are "file", "Directory", and "Registry Key"

Most installed programs will be just fine. THe ones you need to worry about are freeware and shareware programs. A lot of them come bundled with spyware (like Kazaa was) and won't work when you remove that spyware.

If by chance one of these does stop working, generally just re-installing the program works to fix it.

I've never used ad-ware, but a friend recommended spybot to me and i think it works great.

it is good to have both there are some things adaware targets that spybot doesnt and visa versa. adaware has more updates and i believe they target hijacking files more than spybot does

My recommendation is to get both and keep them up to date

I have Spybot and Ad-Aware, and they are great, and recently I just got Spysweeper, it is excellent, I recommend it to all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom