Which 8800 GTS 320gb do I Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They all use nvidias reference design so just choose on price/warranty/software bundles...whatever extra treats that tempt you.

The difference is that each company puts out three. These three are the three revisions: each with higher clocking. Next is the companies. You can choose between XFX or eVGA. XFX is cheaper but eVGA has better customer service, better warrenty, and a step up program.

I won't even consider anything else besides an XFX or eVGA simply because they have OC versions that are faster than Gigabyte or MSI counterparts.

I won't even consider anything else besides an XFX or eVGA simply because they have OC versions that are faster than Gigabyte or MSI counterparts.

The OC versions are just factory overclock settings though, physically they are no different than the non OC's...it's just a way to get more money from the consumer when they can just overclock themselves with any number of overclocking tools.

But don't they consider the extra cooling (on the OC models) it needs when they're factory OC'ed as compared to video cards that are just standard clocked? I'm looking at one of the eVGA video card and they have this huge heatsink/fan that covers their entire board.

But don't they consider the extra cooling (on the OC models) it needs when they're factory OC'ed as compared to video cards that are just standard clocked? I'm looking at one of the eVGA video card and they have this huge heatsink/fan that covers their entire board.

No...the only one I know of with different cooling is the EVGA ACS3

I don't believe so, I remeber evga had a overlcocked version of the 7900gt about a year ago and a huge number of them failed because of the unstable clocks and overheating.

I don't believe so, I remeber evga had a overlcocked version of the 7900gt about a year ago and a huge number of them failed because of the unstable clocks and overheating.

That's different...that was due to a flaw in the design of the chip...not because of overheating. BTW my 7900GT is one of the ones you have mentioned and it's nearly 2 years old and the core clocks 225mhz above the nvidia reference clock....never had a problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom