PSU and Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

DifferentialEquation

Solid State Member
Does anyone have any recommendations for a PSU fit for an Intel Q6600 and EVGA 8800GTS 320? Also, any recommendations concerning cases with good air flow.

Thanks!

Thanks guys or gals, I appreciate it. I was planning on an XClio PSU from a previous recommendation, but then I changed my mind and am going with an 8800GTS and want to make sure I have a proper PSU for that card.

As this is my first time building....I will be plugging the PSU directly into the GPU by means of the PCIe 6-pin?

Thanks.

Here's my recommendation. You guys heard of Lian Li? They're build quality and air flow is to the MAX. Check out these case I selected. They all have dual 80 and 120mm fan support plus the ability to channel air throughout the system by means of ducts. They're all expensive and not cheap, but see for yourself:

Lian Li cases
Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

As for the PSU, I really like this one:

Newegg.com - Rosewill RD5002-DB 500W,ATX12V v2.2 Power Supply 115/230V FCC, UL - Retail

Not the best PSU, but nice for the price.

I would still recommend the XClio, that I suggested over that Rosewill, because it's not that much more, but it's much more powerful. Gives headroom for future upgrades as well.

I was just noticing the comments posted by reviewers of the PSU. It's the first time ever, that I've actually seen the manufacturer post directly into Newegg in response to someone's problem.

"Pros: Cheap, does the job. Running an overclocked quadcore, one optical drive, two HDs.
Cons: Loud.
Other Thoughts: I should have dished out the extra $$ and bought something quieter"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Manufacturer Response: Dear customer, We are sorry for the noise. Please contact rma@rosewill.com or call 1-800-575-9885 for your replacement at our cost.

Regards

Rosewill"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom