Help Pls! Major Problems W/ Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

n00b

Baseband Member
hey guys, so lately my computer has gone pretty crazy. I go to Start/Run/type in msconfig and then it loads but then nothing happens. Then i try that a few more times and something pops up (for like a second!) and then it disappears! The same thing happens when i press Ctrl+Alt+Del to try and open windows task manager. Sometimes it'll pop up for a second and then it disappears. The computer also frequently freezes and I have to keep restarting. Any suggestions?

Oh yea, if its relevant, a lot of problems like these started happening after i downloaded a driver update from windows update. I think it was an update for Rage 128 GL.
here are other problems w/ my comp:

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20696

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20936

Any suggestions will help!

Thanks beedubay
but how do you roll back your driver? and i didn't have a restore point before. If my comp does have its problems fixed, i surely will make a restore point!
any more suggestions?

Right click My Computer, click the Hardware tab, click Device Manager.

This will open the Device Manager window. Click the plus before the option "Display Adapters." Here you will find your Rage 128 driver. Double click it. Click the driver tab, and then click "Roll Back Driver." Let me know if you have any problems.

When i right click My Comptuer i dont see a hardware tab.

i see Open, Explore, Search.., Manage, TuneUp Utilities, and
Map Network Drive..., Disconect Network Drive..., and
Create Shortcut, Delete, Rename, and
Properties

thanks in advance for your suggestions and help

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to tell you to click Properties. I sometimes just assume people know as much as I do about computers..lol

Well, i went to Hardware and clicked on Device Manager and guess what happened: I press on it and nothing happens... just like when i type in msconfig in the run box and when i press ctrl+alt+del. After pressing device manager a few times, some box will pop up ( i think that box is the device manager thingy) but it only lasts for a second and then disappears.
what shall i do now? any sugestions will help. thank you!

Restart the computer, press F8 right before the black Windows XP screen with the blue scrolling bar appears. Chose the "Last Known Good Configuration" option. If this doesn't work, get back to me.

*sigh* all the problems still exist...
any other suggestions? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom