OK, what the ****?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank drakman

Solid State Member
Have installed and reinstalled hardware and software for my HP pcs 2210 all-in-one. It APPEARS to be operating properly (online), but will simply not print. Not from notepad nor command prompt, although it appears to be communicating properly (two-way) with the computer. When I attempt to print, the doc. goes into queue, printer fires up, and out comes a blank page; no error, as if it THINKS it did it's job. The weirdest part is my ability to print a perfect test page from the control panel, flawless.
Please help me?!?

:confused:

Do you have the latest drivers? If you can print the test page from control pannel I don't think the usb port is broken. Have you tried to connect the printer to another pc?

Which driver version are you using? Many have the option of a PCL 5, PCL 5E or PCL 6. I suggest the PCL 5E. I have run into many printer issues that were solved by using the 5E driver.

I first want to thank you all for taking the time:eek:

I've tried several different ports (usb) and with same result.
I've updated the drivers more than once.
I just have the one PC, but I'll attempt to wrangle up another for testing purposes.

Weird thing is:
I just printed a calibration page; perfect.
Scanner works great.
I'm even able to read the cartridge levels, etc...but type a few lines into notepad - nothing.

Looking into possible witchcraft solutions...I'll report back.

Take out your printer cartridges and make sure you removed the tape. I have seen it done before.

instead of using the hp control panel try just right clicking a pic and press print . Id look for a patch from Hp . Sounds like Windows and Hp are not getting along very well .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom