AMD vs Pentium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt that the Northwood core is really good and reliable, that is all I hear. But I dont think it runs 64-Bit, which AMD is currently in control on the market.

bah... all this 64 bit bullsh1t. by the time 64 bit technology is significantly implemented in the software market, intel will have 5-6 ghz 64 bit processors out. you say amd CURRENTLY controls the market due to 64-bit, but we have yet to even see a 64 bit version of windows. yeah, the amd 3200+ may be in the same league with the 2.8 ghz p4. but thats their best processor currently out at a reasonable price, and when you compare it with my 3 ghz p4 overclocked to over 3.6 ghz... you can kiss that amd performance goodbye. compare gaming performance, app performance, whatever you want, my cpu owns the 3200+

has Silesia got any pics for this thread?

basically:
* they're both really good CPU's

performance:
* Intel's have better clock speeds
* AMD perform better clock for clock

they're about even

64-bit:
64-bit is already being used by many Linux users, Microsoft don't make the only Operating system's

as for my opinion:
I like both, I prefer the Athlon 64's as they do perform better than P4's at the moment, especially their socket 940 3800+'s
you can overclock P4's to almost 4GHZ, but you can also overclock Athlon 64's to perform that well and they may not even reach 3GHZ, but the Athlon 64's have an advantage of being able to process 64-bit
I'm not saying that P4's aren't any good though, they are excellent CPU's, and perform very well in games - although games like Farcry nowadays require more video processing power than CPU power

it all comes down to preference

just remember this: the best debates are those which each person understands the other person's point of view, and no flaming starts as a result

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom