Corsair XMS 2 x GB decent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have those for my e6400 build, and they can't overclock worth a you know what, beyond their stock speeds. But for $50, I guess that's a bargain.

If you're looking for a good overclocker I wouldn't go with those. They are nice and cheap though.

hurumph! is what i say.
i just bought another gb to go with my previous 2gb, and they overclock o.k. im running them at about 920mhz. my cpu is not overclocked very much at the moment.
may squeak them out to 1000mhz. i dont think the set i just bought will oc as well as my 1st set, but for 50 bucks, they are definitely worth that much.

I'm running 2gb of those and 2gb of ocz that are rated 4-4-4-12, the xms2 are rated at 5-5-5-15 and i have all 4 sticks running at 4-4-4-12. They are good memory. The only problem with the xms2's is that i have heard that there are quite a few defective units out on the market. They overclock just fine.

heh changing the timings from 5-5-5-12 to 4-4-4-12 does not even count as an overclock to me no offense. Overclocking to me is when my ram goes from 800MHz 4-4-4-12 to 1100MHz 5-4-4-10 1:1. Thats an overclock.

Grrrrrrr why don't they have any deals like this for ddr ram :(.

I would jump at those even though they don't overclock to great. Their 800 anyways so you can still overclock the cpu with them.

I wasnt trying to say that going 4-4-4-12 is overclocking, im jsut saying that they are rated at 5-5-5-15 and will easily run 4-4-4-12. So far i have pushed them over 1000mhz with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom