Windows XP 64bit OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggdaddy

Baseband Member
Hey, are any of you guys using WIndows XP 64bit edition with a Athlon 64 processor?

Is it any better than using the XP Pro edition?

I don't use Win64, but the beta that is downloadable now sucks for gaming. When the real version comes out, though, it will be a big improvement as the full capacity of the Athlon 64 will finaly be utilized

Hey I'm building a system similar to yours. I'm using the MSI K8t Neo board though. How's that X800?

Great, but don't play FarCry unless you have the patch. Without the patch, you will think that you wasted $400 on a video card thats worth crap. With the patch, FarCry with the X800 looks so good its like a dream.

Hey, how much did your memory run ya? I'm ordering some Corsair 1GB 2x 512MB for $264. I haven't been able to find any 1GB memory modules at an agreeable price.

Thanks for the info on Far Cry. I'm just gonna go for the 9800Pro with 256MB. X800 is a little too much for my wallet. :)

I've been playing it on a 9700 and 2.26Ghz P4. Looks great with that setup. Can't imagine it being better.

I don't remember exactly, but I believe it was around $200. Go Kingston HyperX. Its fast and cheaper than Corsair XMS.

Where did you order it from? The price I saw from my regular online dealer was $278

lol. mabye it was that high. I think it was on sale when I bought it, though. All I know is that I spent $1975 on the whole computer, I honestly don't remember the exact price of each individual part. What are your entire planned specs and pricerange for this system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom