Dissasembling/Painting a Thermaltake Armor Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexinator

In Runtime
Are ther any good tutorials out there on how to dissasemble a thermaltake armor case? I want to paint it all black. Also, I need good instructions on how to actually paint the metal without ruining anything that will go in there.. Whenever I spray paint something, the paint always rubs off and is a bit sticky...

Thanks for the help! (Inspiried to make it look nice since I'm adding a good $400 worth of cooling equipment in it)

get lots of sandpaper (400,600,800,1000,1200,1500 grits)

and primer about 4-5 cans

About the painting, use some fine grit sand paper to scuff the original paint surface. Then spray several light coats of primer with dry time in between followed by the same process with the color.

On the disassembly. I don't know if there are any good guides, There should be screws holding stuff like the drive bays.

i used a 400grit to sand down the stock finish. then primed over that, then painted.

you never want to use less than a 400 or more than a 600 to scuff the base for painting. me and my father have been painting cars for years now.

use several light layers, that will be the best adhesion. my case came out halfway decent, but then again it could have been better. i didnt feel like drilling every rivet then putting in new ones.

you dont need to completely take off the paint...you just want to give it a nice rough surface for the primer to adhere to.

i usually like a 400 grit for the intitial surface. then after i prime, go over it with a 600, reprimer if needed, then 600 again...then paint.

Waaah? Painting involves sanding? haha, i thought you would just spray paint it lolz and thats all it takes haha. How dumb can i get?

Waaah? Painting involves sanding? haha, i thought you would just spray paint it lolz and thats all it takes haha. How dumb can i get?

Spray painting will cause it to either drip down or slide off, giving a very uneven finish. You first have to sand to roughen the surface. Then you put a primer layer to make sure the paint will stick, paint doesn't stick to metal. Then you paint it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom