Double You Tee Eff, Overheating Quad

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok i posted about my ultra-120 extreme earlier and that my temps seemed way too high. Well its had plently of time for the AS5 to set in and im still running at close to 60 degrees load just playing world of warcraft. To test things i actually set the voltage/fsb/etc back to stock settings and im still sitting around 57 degrees. What the heck is going on? Did i not mount it right or what.

also for some reason my machine rebooted itself, im guessing because of the overclock and when it came back up, now i cant hear anything in ventrilo.

ya im gonna have to bump cause the forum pushed this to the 2nd page of the "new posts"

What program are you reading these temperatures from? You can check the BIOS for the accurate reading, if the programs are reading incorrectly. What are your idle temperatures? It's either you didn't mount it right, or you're getting wrong readings.

Im using coretemp, which is the normal 15 above speedfan. I just dont understand why my temps are so high, im actually sitting around the same temps i was on the stock cooling. I think im going to lap the cpu and hsf tommorow, i was up to 3.33ghz with no problems, but all the sudden im overheating, not sure whats going on with this thing.

What does the BIOS say? My guess, is that maybe the heatsink is not installed correctly. Maybe a reseating will fix it.

Ok i just pulled everything down and reseated the heatsink along with AS5'ing my 8800gts, im now down to 47C on the CPU and only 62 on the video card. Not sure what i did wrong when in put the hsf in the first time but apparently i did something wrong. BTW, should my northbridge heatsink be loose? When i turned the rig off it was CRAZY hot, i guess i should pick up a fan for it.

Nothing should be loose in general. If it's really hot, check your chipset voltage control. A fan would be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom