do I really need such a high-end graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok ffs.. end this stupid flamewar... i'm water and i put u flames out....

but a 7600gt destroys cs:s at 1600x1200 and u wouldn't notice anything going from x4 to x8

but an x1950xt would destroy games... but it comes at a 200+ price range for a AGP Card and u might need a PSU upgrade

Its not a flame war, the guys flat out saying a lie and I am correcting him. Thats the whole point why people come to these forums, for the TRUTH. Not lies and misinformation!

lol ok.. i'll put out the water.. heh :)

^ that and lying about ur "imaginary" rig (aka.. khan008 heh)

Good Lord get a life. Who gives a rip about this. Someone asked a question that's it!! Kinda took over this poor guys post didn't ya.
SHAME SHAME SHAME

?!? Wow...so I'm the one who gets blamed for trying to correct nicks mis-information? I thought the whole point of the forum was to strive for accuracy?

I have to go with Gabb there is no way that an x550 can max out Bf2. My 7900GS runs BF2 well but it doesn't max it out and my card is head and shoulders above the x550.

Relax! Both Gabb and nick! I know you guys are both trying to correct each other saying this and that, but it has to stop! NOW! :happy: Please? I think we should help the thread starter more then start flame wars in his own thread.

Relax! Both Gabb and nick! I know you guys are both trying to correct each other saying this and that, but it has to stop! NOW! :happy: Please? I think we should help the thread starter more then start flame wars in his own thread.

I am relaxed, at first I was just so amazingly offended that he was blatanly lying and no one was coming forward and telling him this, not to mention only 1 person backed up my claim. To be honest I'm very dissapointed at the forum, usually if I say something untrue, people are quick to correct me and good riddens for them doing that. However with this guy, it was like he had some immunity...

A technology computer forum should NEVER have information posted that is not true, no exceptions.

Wait wait...your wording is very sketchy, do you mean lag as in bad FPS or as in ping. Everyone knows ping is mainly affected by your ISP, thats not the issue were talking about here. Were talking about FPS performance with your card, which should be very bad. I say this not to diss your card ( heck even my x800 is getting old and senile ) but to let other people know the truth. So someone doesn't rush out there with an x550 expecting optimal performance in BF2 when truth be told, they will get very dismal performance. I'd say around 10 FPS if you max the settings.

Originally you stated your card can max out settings without any lag, you refered to lag as in FPS lag, not ping/latency lag which you now claim what you originally ment. Your not making any sense, and frankly i don't think your worth the time.

BTW I suggest you get a 8800 GTS for 250 after MIR instead of the 8600 as the 8800 GTS performance is LIGHT years ahead of the 8600.

GABB, im talkting about lag you suffer when you have a high ping, i dont get a good framerate on high probarbly something like 5-10 FPS thats why i play it on low, this has gone way out of control

GABB, im talkting about lag you suffer when you have a high ping, i dont get a good framerate on high probarbly something like 5-10 FPS thats why i play it on low, this has gone way out of control

Your original statement:

"my x550 which is worth like $10 can run BF2 maxed out with out lag so you would see a difference in performance going from 4x to 8x. not so much due to hte interface but because 8x cards are so much more advanced than 4x cards,[/"

now tell me how anyone can infer from this that you ment internet latency lag and not the obvious FPS/graphical lag. Why even mention graphic cards when it comes to FPS/graphical lag as your ISP determines what your ping is. In only extreme cases do I believe system lag can actually affect ping.

This doesn't change the fact that your x550 runs BF2 at around 20 FPS (max) at high settings...why would you not mention this throughout this entire argument and keep talking about latency/ping lag?

You don't make any sense, and I believe you are mostly just trying to cover up your errors, end of debate.

yeah, i admit i didnt make any sense, my excuse is writing all that when i was tired and grumpy and not feeling too good, i always think of lag as high ping and what ever, i should have said:

"when i play BF2 maxed out on my X550, the frame rate is low, therefore i suffer from jerky gameplay, however i have a airly good internet connection meaning despite having jerky and insconsistent gameplay i dont suffer from internet lag or high ping"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom