Why SLI is never worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
One day i hope to be able to buy stuff and not care about the cost. But until that time, i will stick to price/performance maximization.

i see myself using Crossfire only if i use 2 dual monitors, 20" both, n im gaming in 1680x1050, which is preciously what im planning on doing. First i have to see how one card works before i get another.

Meh im using dual monitors with a single gts 320 at 1920x1200. and a 20" 2nd monitor at 1650x1050. You dont need crossfire, just a single good vid card.

In my opinion, it's only worth to SLI if:

-You're gaming on a 30" LCD at a resolution of 2560 x 1600.

-You get a really good deal on the second card, like vernong mentioned earlier.

-You use cash as toilet paper.

i wonder if bill gates has a sli computer cuz im sure he can do all 3 of those .... especially that last one.... lolz

For some reason, I don't see him having this type of computer. Couldn't he be busy with other things, like work and counting his money? Maybe his children have something.

that very well maybe the case but who knows eh? lol i was considering doing a sli with my setup but i kinda decided to save my money and just wait..... im happy with the performance i get with my computer as of now but im still waitin on them 9 series i need to know more about em an if there is problems with the PCI-e 2.0 stuff then im just gona blow my money on a 8800 ultra/quad system thats watercooled ......that is when i get my money .... lol

In my opinion, it's only worth to SLI if:

-You're gaming on a 30" LCD at a resolution of 2560 x 1600.

-You get a really good deal on the second card, like vernong mentioned earlier.

-You use cash as toilet paper.

Or you think money grows on trees.

Well, to me, SLi or CrossFire isn't so great. Only a small amount of people actually have a 30"+ monitor which isn't really needed unless you think "Money grows on trees". Other than that, 1 VGA seems to be more then enough for a great gaming build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom