The Techies' Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Techies Bible: by b1gapl,vernong1992,kobe24,Zachalmighty,zmatt more....

Featured Desktops

the main reason is that anyone with common sense can build ^this^ one of dells high end gaming machines for um, what...? maybe HALF that much money.
thats why we dog on dell. their high end stuff is too costly. if you are going to spend 3.5 THOUSAND dollars on a computer (which is completely idiotic) you should at least get what you pay for. dude they wnat over 6 grand for their "ultimate" gaming rig, and i would be hard pressed to find enough room in a full tower case for 6K worth of stuff, lol.
their laptops are okay, their monitors are very good.
their cheap builds are decent for the money, when they costs 3-400 dollars. but most of us could build a system for the same amount and use parts of much higher quality that actually have the ability to upgrade.
but, my main reason is that my mom has a dimension with a P4 and i hate that slow POS. i want to put my fist thru it, actually. but, not to worry i am collecting higher end parts to build her a real computer.
im sure the others can add to my post, why dell sucks.

Featured Desktops

the main reason is that anyone with common sense can build ^this^ one of dells high end gaming machines for um, what...? maybe HALF that much money.
thats why we dog on dell. their high end stuff is too costly. if you are going to spend 3.5 THOUSAND dollars on a computer (which is completely idiotic) you should at least get what you pay for. dude they wnat over 6 grand for their "ultimate" gaming rig, and i would be hard pressed to find enough room in a full tower case for 6K worth of stuff, lol.
their laptops are okay, their monitors are very good.
their cheap builds are decent for the money, when they costs 3-400 dollars. but most of us could build a system for the same amount and use parts of much higher quality that actually have the ability to upgrade.
but, my main reason is that my mom has a dimension with a P4 and i hate that slow POS. i want to put my fist thru it, actually. but, not to worry i am collecting higher end parts to build her a real computer.
im sure the others can add to my post, why dell sucks.

Falcon Northwest makes their high ends come with nice paint jobs :D

But then again... those are like upwards of 8,000 =/

lol i can buy paint cheap and i have an airbrush. maybe i should start a side-job....

i welded two motherboards together, so i can have four gtx cards.
booya.

boo-ya... did u get ur second mobo from a crackhead like the second 7900gs

sry to bump this guys.... but i kindly ask that a mod to change the beginning to this:

The Techies Bible: by BennyV04988, b1gapl, gurusan, dario03, kobe24, meat_helmet, motoxer4533, nagasama, peterhuang913, , psp_crazy1, QuaziBee, shan1784, Snake91839, rx7i2 ,vernong1992, Zachalmighty and zmatt, thanks for helping write it!!

In the beginning there was an online shop. And it was good. God commanded man to buy parts from the shop and to build a machine. Man worked for 6 days and 6 nights to find the best parts and on the 7th day he built a PC. And it was fast. These were the commandments to be followed during the "Great Rig Building Era" as God commanded man to do so....
zmatt 1:1

Builders Commandments:
1. Thou shall build thy own desktop
2. Thou shall not splurge an unnecessarily huge amount of cash, on one's build.
3. Thou shall not skimp on thy power supply.
4. Thou shall maintain one's computer clean and at cool temperatures.
5. Thou shall handle one's computer with care.
6. Thou shall always overclock and not fear to overclock.
7. Thou shall not covet thy fellow techie's computer.
8. Thou shall not bear false witness about thou's own computer. (Khan!!!)
9. Thou shall not use force when installing components, when components fit in one way.
10. Thou shall always install the latest drivers and updates.

Prayers:
Now I lay my computer down to sleep
I pray the hard drive my files to keep
If I should lose power before I save
I pray the hard drive my backups to take
dario 1:1

As I walk through the dimension of the Internet, I shall fear no viruses or spyware, for my Antivirus is installed and up to date...
Benny 1:1

Current Edits:
i added benny to the list of helpers... wrote like book from genesis for the prayers and such.. tell me if that should be scratched..

I've been against DELL ever since the late nineties when they used to solder their components to their boards...Just like HP Pavillion...

Since then, they may have cleaned up their act, I don't know

I think Dell's latest high end rig is $8,063 without a monitor. :)

dario 1:1

I like that lol. I'm changing my sig to say that. Now I just need to come up with more stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom