Tell me if my build looks good

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it, you're not gaming with this system? Hence the 7300GT.

Why not the G. Skill RAM, I suggested? They're a better memory set. Is it because of the rebate?

Yeah the highest gaming I will be doing is StarCraft 2 and by the time it comes out there should be some good budget DX10 cards.

And I put the A-DATA because I would buy whichever was cheaper and I knew that the G.Skill would be cheaper after the rebate ran out but I wasn't sure if I would buy before the rebate or after it. I'm glad I waited because I probably wouldn't have liked the A-DATA anyway. Now I'm getting the G.Skill and ordering probably on Monday.

Speaking of Starcraft 2, it'll be running on DX10 or what? I haven't been checking on news for Starcraft 2. That's great that you're going to wait for the G.Skill. I would rather go for brand names that all of us techies know about rather then one that we haven't used first hand.

Ok I have a question about rebates, you have to send in the UPC code on the box, but what if the equipment failed and had to be returned/replaced? Don't they usually need a UPC code for that?

Ok I have a question about rebates, you have to send in the UPC code on the box, but what if the equipment failed and had to be returned/replaced? Don't they usually need a UPC code for that?

Cut the UPC code out for the MIR. Remember to COPY everything before you send it in. But like b1gapl, it's a risk. Unless if you're buying it from Fry's, they'll probably give you store credits.

I was going to order tonight but I noticed the CPUs changed prices.
Originally, I was told to get an E6320 but this was back when they were $165.50. Then I was told to get an E6550 at $178.99. The E6320 has increased to $176, almost the price of the E6550, and the E6550 is now $199.99. I could get one or the other, or there is the E6420 in between, which is $189.99. What should I Do? I've got 2 more years of high school then at least 4 years of college and I want to take this computer with me through the years. I will not be gaming AT ALL during college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom