Looking for some feedback on a new comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someguy

Solid State Member
Been looking at computers for a few weeks now and Cyberpower seems to have the best deal for someone that's not gonna build there own. I have a few misgivings about buying a comp off the internet but they seem reputable. Here's what I've come up based on recommendations and personal preferences:

X-BLADE Mid-Tower 450W W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display + FAN CONTROL

STANDARD CASE POWER SUPPLY

12" COLD CATHODE NEON LIGHT SOUND ACTIVED (Blue)

(754-pin) AMD ATHLON64 3400+ CPU

(754-pin Socket) GigaByte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 250 Chipset AGP8X w/LAN,USB2,IEEE,&Audio

1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY Standard Major Brand

Western Digital 120GB 7200RPM ATA 100 8MB Special Editon

ATI RADEON 9600 XT 256MB DDR AGP 8X W/ TV-OUT & DVI

ARTEC 16X DVD ROM

ARTEC CD-RW 52X32X52

+ a floppy drive (yay)

3D WAVE ON-BOARD 5.1 SOUND CARD

AMD ATHLON64 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK

INTERNAL 6in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer

Creative Labs SBS 560 5.1 Surround Subwoofer Speaker System

Its got the standard wireless and 10/100 network cards

I decided to buy a monitor locally so I'd actually get to see it in action before shelling out the cash for it. Definitely going for a LCD tho since space at college is limited.

and went with the 9600 XT instead of the 9800 because it was like over 150 bucks to upgrade it to that level. I figure I can just upgrade it myself in the future if need be. However I did consider getting the 128MB 9800 which is only 55 dollars more but I don't know if its worth it...

I do have a direct question on the keyboard and mouse. Is wireless the way to go? I know its a great convenience but I hate spending money on batteries every year and right now I only have a wireless mouse.

Now I can get a wireless keyboard and optical mouse package or a regular optical mouse and keyboard. The money isn't too different so its a matter of convenience Vs. batteries.

Oh and as far as regular keyboards go what is the Ideazon Z-Keyboard Base Interchangable Keyboard like? Its the default keyboard for cyberpower and looks like it will fold somehow.

Thx in advance for any feedback.

oh and it comes w/ free game Farcry which from what I hear is a good fps but requires a godly comp to play on :p

Farcry, for good graphics needs a good comp. That comp you got there will do it well...although think about a new vid card. And wireless mouse and keyboard stinks for gaming, get wired if you want to do some gaming, and telling by that rig you will be. Cyberpower seems reliable, they are in all of the major pc magazines (PC Gamer, Computer Shopper, CGW. etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom