two questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hujack

Solid State Member
hi im new to the forum and just wanted a few question verified if some one could help please. number is it true that xp will only run 2gb of ram even if you have more ram instralled because ive got 1gb of ram installed and ive ordered another 2gb of ram which should arrive monday so sould i return it and just get 1gb instead. Another question if someone can help is that sometimes when i run cpu-z it turns my computer off like someone has just pushed the power switch off this never happens to me only when running cpu-z sometimes. thanks in advance

WinXP 32bit will recognize 3.5GB of ram. Why not just take out that 1GB stick and put the other two in there, you get DDR if you do so.
What version of CPU-z do you have?

Is there a cpuz.ini file in the directory? Thats the CPUz config file. Open it up with notepad. Change each to off, then test it. DMI, PCI, and SMBus.

i think that seemed to do the trick thanks i ran it a few times to see and the computer never turned off.

Which one did the trick? I'm leaning towards PCI or SMBus. What I meant to say was to turn each off, one by one, or two off. But if turning all three off works for you, that's fine too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom