Intel E6550 and E6750 processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyBusiness

Baseband Member
Are there any differences between these two cpu? They both have 2.66ghz, 1333fsb and 4mb L2 cache and came with full set. Why is there a slight difference in pricing and also which would be a better choice?

^ agreed double... go with e6550 and overclock it to 3.0ghz and u got ur self a e6850...

the only thing i don't like about those e6750's and what not is their crap multi... i was gonna get the 6750 until i saw it was an 8 multiplyer! yuckk.... lol but i guess for the price.. who cares... i'm bouncing between an e6700 or q6600 myself

Stock the basic difference you get for the price is the different speed. Both CPUs should hit over 3.0Ghz with a decent overclock. I don't really think going 6750 is that much better than a 6550 besides the bragging rights of a higher CPU. Get the cheaper one and save yourself some money while hitting 3Ghz+.

my goal will still be 4.0ghz super pi stable... i had 3.99ghz and ran.. i dont' know what super pi... i have to get my picture again.. but i set the record here for air cooling!! WoOoot

the only thing i don't like about those e6750's and what not is their crap multi... i was gonna get the 6750 until i saw it was an 8 multiplyer! yuckk....

The low multiplier dosent really matter, what with the awesome FSB potential of the G0 chips when combined with the the P35 chipset.

The low multiplier dosent really matter, what with the awesome FSB potential of the G0 chips when combined with the the P35 chipset.

Yea, I was wondering why he was trashing on 8x. But a higher multiplier is better if it is cheaper to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom